To learn more about how Dell Technologies is supporting our communities, customers, partners and team members, please visit our COVID-19 response site.
Primary Location: Sofia,
The world is in the midst of a transformation. Enterprises across the globe are turning to software to change the way business is done. Today, in this device and application driven world, companies are laser-focused on empowering teams by tailoring their businesses to their employees’ digital behaviors. This is where we lead the way.
In VMware End User Computing (EUC), we run the world’s largest Digital Workspace Platform - Workspace ONE. We build solutions that customize, simplify, and automate the employees’ digital experience at work to help them achieve more. Workspace ONE provides every employee with the agility of being connected to the business from any device, on any Cloud, at any time. At the core of our business is our end-users; and everything we do is motivated around them and their experience.
Role and Responsibility
Our team is seeking a Senior DevOps engineer with strong development and communication skills. You will own key components of our deployment pipeline and operational infrastructure. You will participate in all phases of software development including requirements, design, coding, unit testing, debugging and performance tuning. Day-to-day activities include:
- Develop, maintain, and support the code and infrastructure for our CI/CD pipelines
- Develop, maintain, and support the code that automates the deployment of our infrastructure in AWS or Azure.
- Manage and maintain our production infrastructure (i.e., AWS or Azure infrastructure as well as infrastructure for monitoring, log aggregation, managing on-call rotations, and publishing status information about the service)
- Work closely with application development teams to understand product additions and changes and accommodate such changes in the deployment pipeline.
- Ensuring that we operate with a first-class approach to security (e.g., best practices for configuration, instance management, infrastructure scanning, and reporting).
- Participate in on-call rotations
- Developing and maintaining up-to-date, clear, and effective operations automated responses and playbooks
- 3+ years of hands-on experience in software development using Ruby or Python
- Excellent system design and object-oriented design and development skills
- Experience automating the deployment and ongoing operation of multi-region cloud services.
- Systematic problem-solving approach coupled with a strong sense of ownership and independence.
- Strong networking background (routing, switching, proxies, firewalls, DNS, etc.)
- Experience providing on-call support for high priority incidents
- Experience with CI/CD tools such as Jenkins
- General Unix or Linux expertise
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- BS or MS in Computer Science
- Strong security background as it related to infrastructure (e.g., PKI, WAF, scanners, firewalls) and exploits (privilege escalation, lateral movement, data exfiltration, etc.)
- Experience managing CI/CD pipelines using Jenkins
- Experience with the Atlassian tools (Bamboo, Bitbucket)
- Experience with AWS CloudFormation or Azure Resource Manager
- Experience using Chef, Puppet, Saltstack or a related technology
- Experience with third-party identity, monitoring, and logging services (e.g., OneLogin, DataDog, SumoLogic, Pingdom).
- Experience with containerization technologies such as Docker.
- Open to remote within Bulgaria
Category : Engineering and Technology
Subcategory: Software Engineering
Experience: Manager and Professional
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2020-09-16
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law. Job ID: R2008500