To learn more about how Dell Technologies is supporting our communities, customers, partners and team members, please visit our COVID-19 response site.
Product Line Manager – SaaS Data & Analytics
Primary Location: Sofia,
Additional Location(s): Sofia, Bulgaria
We’re changing the way enterprises run their cloud infrastructure and building the next generation of cloud computing. Come join us to define the vision and drive the execution of these product lines. You will have an opportunity to work extensively with customers while working cross functionally to prioritize features and develop the products that our customers need.
The VMware Cloud on AWS Data & Analytics team is seeking a Product Line Manager who loves working on complex problems and getting things done. You will have ownership and autonomy to think strategically and make decision driving significant impact to the business. You will lead building functionality that spans multiple product lines and handles different types of stakeholder and developer needs. You will get to work with an experienced team of brilliant (and fun) people in a dynamic environment. You will be participating in growing a new business that is revolutionizing the cloud computing world.
Activities include research and analysis of customer requirements; working collaboratively with engineering and UX using an Agile development model; working closely with a distributed team to improve our SaaS Data and Analytics offering; and writing of white papers, blogs and building presentations.
This is a hands-on role with operational responsibilities and strong cross-functional leadership.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Define requirements across product, analytics, engineering, and native apps to craft a suite of data tools and projects
- Drive the strategy and roadmap for data and analytics products
- Assess value, develop cases, and prioritize stories, epics and themes to ensure work focuses on those with maximum value that are aligned with product strategy
- Provide backlog management, iteration planning, and elaboration of the user stories
- Provide an active role in mitigating impediments impacting successful team completion of Release/Sprint Goals
- Experience in SaaS delivery
- Uncover the needs of internal customer groups—including product teams, and business and operations teams—and couple them with intuitive and actionable data solutions.
- Emphasize the value of data/analytics and help drive a data-informed culture. Tell compelling stories with data because numbers are only as good as the way in which they are presented.
- Work in cross functional Agile teams combining Development, UX, customer success, support, finance, sales and marketing to deliver product to market
Key Qualifications and Requirements
- Previous working experience as a Product Manager for 7+ years
- Proven track record of growing new products or services into successful businesses, especially for enterprise products
- Proficient in SQL and modern analytics tools (Mode Analytics, Tableau, Looker)
- Working understanding of modern API (REST/JSON/OAuth) and UX (Responsive) concepts
- Knowledge of VMware products and Virtualization
- In-depth knowledge of Agile process and principles
- Sharp analytical and problem-solving skills
- Creative thinker with a vision
- Strong track record of shaping strategy for technical products or services
- Exceptionally strong analytical skills and a natural predisposition toward data-driven decision-making.
- Strong knowledge of modern web and application development concepts & technologies
- Ability to handle several concurrent activities with attention to detail
- Passionate about technology and have a strong drive to advance the state of IT
- Ability to make reasoned decisions in ambiguous situations
- Ability to influence people at all levels across a broad variety of job functions
- MBA and BA/BS in Computer Science (or equivalents) preferred
Category : Marketing
Subcategory: Product Management
Experience: Business Leadership
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2020-08-11
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law. Job ID: R2009077