To learn more about how Dell Technologies is supporting our communities, customers, partners and team members, please visit our COVID-19 response site.
Senior Manager Colleague Suppor
Primary Location: Sofia,
VMware is seeking a Senior Manager Colleague Support as part of our IT organisation and Colleague Experience and Technology function to run technology delivery for our operations in Bulgaria, Israel, Armenia and Global service ownership for print products and services worldwide. You will enable our colleagues to do their best work by delivering a delightful technology experience across 3 countries and running a Global service line.
As a member of the regional IT EMEA (Europe, Middle East, Africa and Russia) leadership team you will be leading projects and initiatives across the geography in addition to your core role. As a Senior Manager of the IT organisation you will also lead the global delivery for some of our key strategic priorities. This is a key part of the role and requires working with a very diverse and broad range of stakeholders across many different cultures and working practices. As a result the role has an influence on the strategic impact on how we run IT services and products at VMware.
As a senior leader in the Colleague Experience & Technology organisation you will be a service-oriented leader, passionate about leading a support organisation chartered to deliver a positive technology experience for 2,500+ VMware employees and contractors. This will require direct liaison with other VMWare IT and business leaders and coordination of support engineers across multiple initiatives and services. Services include executive support, device and desktop application support, unified communications and collaboration support, software delivery, device management, equipment life cycle management and all other IT services required to enable VMware colleagues to do their best work.
The role has leadership responsibility for a highly skilled team at various levels and expertise including managing Managers, Service Owners, Engineers and Audio/Visual Operations and Events Specialists.
This position partners with all business units to identify opportunities, requirements and solutions to support business initiatives, growth, and development of new IT services and technologies.
VMware is a global leader in cloud infrastructure and business mobility. VMware accelerates customers’ digital transformation journey by enabling enterprises to master a software-defined approach to business and IT. With VMware solutions, organizations are building extraordinary experiences by mobilizing everything. Our customers are responding faster to opportunities with modern data and apps hosted across hybrid clouds, and safeguarding customer trust with a defense-in-depth approach to cybersecurity. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Do you dare to do the stuff you’ve always dreamed about? Dare to explore at http://careers.vmware.com .
VMware IT Colleague Experience and Technology provides technology services and support, enabling efficiency, simplicity and productivity to our colleagues. We pride ourselves on the dedication to our colleagues technology delivery providing a delightful experience in an ever changing enterprise environment. The organisation additionally supports the company in its growth as the global leader in cloud infrastructure by developing and showcasing VMware products and technology.
- Lead and inspire a support team dedicated to delivering a high-quality technology experience that is both delightful to our colleagues and scalable per the highest standards.
- Drive continuous improvement for the colleague (end user) experience, colleague satisfaction and cost management.
- Facilitate the collaboration of staff in cross-functional activities, project delivery and process improvement initiatives.
- Lead a Global Service Line across all of VMware worldwide.
- Lead pan EMEA wide projects and initiatives.
- Lead global workstreams to help deliver our key IT strategic priorities.
- Manage and develop direct reports through performance management, ongoing mentoring and career development.
- Act as the key escalation point for colleagues and internal IT teams in order to clear the blockers and deliver what is required.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships and partnerships with business stakeholders across diverse geographies and cultures.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Information Technology, Computer Science or Business Management.
- 7+ years of progressive experience in Information Technology management with focus on end user technologies and disciplines.
- 5+ years experience in managing complex environments.
- 5+ years experience overseeing formal planning, tracking, and reporting on project and staff performance.
- Strong written, verbal, and presentation skills.
- Ability to build and maintain partnerships and successful collaboration in a global environment.
- Ability to work independently and with little guidance upon high-level objectives.
- Strong program management skills.
- Ability to define business processes and drive successful change management at a larger scale.
- Solid understanding of desktop technologies, end user productivity applications and unified communications and collaboration services.
- Familiar with basic elements of IT infrastructure services (active directory, networking, server, etc).
- A genuine passion for delivering an exceptional customer support experience.
Category : Engineering and Technology
Subcategory: Desktop Systems
Experience: Business Leadership
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2020-09-24
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law. Job ID: R2014439