Senior Test Automation Developer – CXS Platforms And Applications - Opportunity for Working Remotely
Primary Location: ,Sofia
Why will you enjoy this new opportunity?
You will enjoy this opportunity if your goal is to innovate daily by delivering “WOW „quality products, if you have a strong attention to detail, a passion for building new tests and a desire to learn new things. Our Engineering team is moving at lightning speed on the breaking edge of technology.
You will be leveraging the latest technologies Java 11, Spring 5, Protractor 7, Typescript 4 In a fast-growing customer success organization, we love to delight our customers by turning complexity into simplicity and have a single state-of-the-art user experience devoid of nasty bugs.
People first is very important for us as development of our employees is a focus area and at the same time, we strongly believe that a healthy work life balance is important for our success. In our department we have a relaxed tone, and all are expected to share their opinion. We are working in self-organized teams and the team has the responsibility for the solution and quality. We all benefit from having close collaboration with other members of the team, the development team, and the product owner. The success and quality are a common goal.
What is the primary need, technical challenge, and/or problem you will be responsible for?
We are looking for someone to apply their technical skills, their passion for detail and the desire to guarantee the quality of the product. Combined with domain and product knowledge, will guarantee the most efficient planning, development, and execution of automation tasks that cover QA, CI / CD, application code and resource management. As part of our strong testing team you will analyze project documentation to ensure a detailed understanding of business requirements and where necessary – work with stakeholders to ensure completeness. You will play the user’s role to ensure company standards are met and smooth user experience.
Success in the Role: What are the performance goals over the first 6-12 months you will work toward completing?
Onboarding. In the first few weeks, you will be working with the quality engineering team members to understand critical processes, technologies, and culture.
Within approximately 1 months you will be fully onboarded with our technology stack, processes, and the product business logic.
Then you will work independently with our team, to understand in detail the new requirements and to be able to build a test strategy with which to deliver a quality product, you will be able to give and implement various ideas for improvements to the current test structure and ensure continuous improvement of your technical skills. What type of work will you be doing?
What assignments, requirements, or skills will you be performing on a regular basis?
· 3+ years of related experience
· Experience in gathering and analyzing requirements
· Experience in designing, implementing, executing test plan & test cases.
· General programming knowledge - object oriented principles, design patterns.
· Experience in writing automated end-to-end
· Experience mentoring junior engineers to improve their skills and make them more effective
· Experience in development and enforcement of testing policies, standards, and guidelines to ensure a consistent testing framework across all products in the team
· Execute the agreed set of test cases, in line with the Test Plan and development project schedule, clearly and accurately reporting test results for quality and progress.
· Expand our existing test automation framework and test coverage.
· Drive adoption of best practices in code health, testing, testability and maintainability (Clean Code, Test Pyramid).
· Track test gaps, quality, and productivity metrics in an automated manner. Work with other engineering teams to improve gaps from this data.
You might also have:
· Develop software architecture designs
· Experience with writing automated end-to-end tests with Protractor
What is the leadership like for this role? What is the structure and culture of the team like?
We believe that any success comes from two things: our people and our culture. We believe that people working in a great culture will produce the best outcome. Our culture is our DNA, it defines who we are, how we operate, and how we celebrate each achievement together.
The hiring manager for this role is Karina Aneva. She is part of this team from 4 years ago and for this time she was in different roles and she gain rich professional experience.
- Attractive compensation package - competitive salary, flexible bonus scheme, company sponsored mobile phone plan and additional long term incentives
- Individual career path - management and technical career growth, enhanced by learning and development program, regular performance assessment, teams of world-wide IT professionals
- Healthy work environment - company sponsored medical program, food and beverage program, sport activities, open communication
- Work-life balance – 25 days paid vacation, regular team buildings and celebrations
As part of the VMware global standards for integrity you will be required to go through a pre-employment screening process before you join
All job applications will be treated with strict confidentiality
Category : Engineering and Technology
Subcategory: Quality Engineering
Experience: Manager and Professional
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2021-05-05
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law. Job ID: R2108197