Senior Site Reliability Engineer - vCenter
Primary Location: ,Sofia
VMware's vCenter Hybridity team is seeking an exceptional Site Reliability Engineer to join us in our SaaS transformation journey! As part of VMware's next compelling cloud offering, we are building a talented team to operate, maintain, and improve the quality of our service.
Bring your passion for cloud technologies and experience operating SaaS to influence how our development teams release quality products. While you manage the availability of our services to meet our service level targets, and drive fleet wide operations, you will also play a critical role in ensuring proper operational readiness is met by teams as new services and features are onboarded.
- Conduct fleet wide operations against VMware software running in customer environments using orchestration and operational tools.
- Maintain availability, reliability, performance of services based on SLA/SLI/SLO definitions.
- Participate in a multi-geo on-call SRE rotation to field service incidents, operating in partnership with support and DevOps teams.
- Conduct post-mortem of incidents to address any operational or service gaps.
- Participate in live site meetings to review key service issues and to drive new learnings.
- Expand alerting definitions to catch previously undetected issues.
- Improve existing runbooks, extend auto-remediation ruleset, and implement remediation scripts.
- Provide continual enhancements to tooling and automation to reduce operational toil.
- Employing best practices to define and refine key processes/workflows to accelerate delivery of software without sacrificing quality and reliability.
- Identify and drive operational improvements across SRE and DevOps teams.
- Minimum of 5 years engineering experience
- SRE/DevOps experience involving CI/CD, reliability, scale, monitoring, and live site culture
- Solid understanding of cloud-based architectures and concepts
- Proficiency developing for or operating within Linux environments
- Scripting experience, preferably with Python
- Software development experience in Java
- Experience with containers and container orchestrators - Docker, Kubernetes
- Good knowledge of TCP/IP networks including routing, firewalls, DNS, DHCP, VPN, etc.
- Strong problem-solving, debugging, and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Driven, self-motivated individual
Category : Engineering and Technology
Subcategory: Software Engineering
Experience: Manager and Professional
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2021-05-10
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law. Job ID: R2107542