Senior Cloud Technical Consultant, CloudHealth By VMWare
Primary Location: BGR
CloudHealth By VMWare – Senior Cloud Technical Consultant
Why will you enjoy this new opportunity?
CloudHealth by VMware is the global market leader in Cloud Cost Management and Optimization, and the most trusted software platform used to accelerate business transformation in the cloud. You’re looking for an opportunity to work for a company whose software is utilized by 350,000 enterprise and business customers (which includes 98% of Fortune 500) company and significantly impacts every industry. We are searching for dedicated and versatile Technical Consultant, who is passionate about working in a company whose culture is fanatical about innovation and fixated on delivering software products that solve our customers’ most challenging business needs. As a Technical Consultant part of the CloudHealth Professional Services Team you’ll have the opportunity to make significant and direct impact for our customers with help of on our products, platform, and solve some of the most complex challenges in cloud computing. This role will deliver quality implementation services to our customers keeping in mind software adoption and overall superb customer experience leading to happy customers for life.
You have an analytical mind and a passion for customer success. You are a self-motivated individual who takes pride in their ability to deliver high quality solutions to their customers. You’re looking for an opportunity to be on the forefront of the cloud revolution and process a strong technical and analytical background with experience supporting cloud computing products, services and solutions. You have a can-do attitude and strive to make things happen for customers. You’re looking for a collaborative environment whose teams care about the product they are creating, how they create it, and the impact it has on customers’ business objectives.
What is primary need, technical challenge, and/or problem you will be responsible for?
CloudHealth manages 11B USD in cloud infrastructure spend as of today. As part of our goal to double this number we are looking to initiate a Professional Services Hub in Sofia, Bulgaria. As one of our very first team members for CloudHealth Professional Services in Bulgaria, you will support CloudHealth’s growing Professional Services Business in North America, Europe and APJ. You will design and develop custom solutions, but also solve cross-functional customer challenges in collaboration with Sales, Product Management and existing Engineering teams.
What do you have to be successful in this role?
- A Bachelor's Degree, preferably with a technical focus; Computer Science, Math, or related background is a must. A Master’s Degree is desirable and will be considered as a nice to have.
- Rich experience with architecting, developing, and delivering API-centric product solutions
- Practical understanding of cloud-centric architectures and services
- Professional experience with multiple programming and scripting languages (e.g. Python, Java, Node.js, Go, Ruby, etc.)
- Experience using technologies such as Pandas, R or SAS to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets
- Experience supporting enterprise IT products or services
- The ability to work in a fast-paced team-oriented environment, using company resources to solve customer challenges/requirements
- Familiarity with infrastructure automation using Terraform or similar products is a plus
- Experience with BI reporting software a plus.
- Passion for new technologies is a requirement
- Strong attention to detail and quality of work, suitable for customer facing materials
- Strong communication, time management, problem solving, project management, and social skills.
- Adjusting with US Time zones might be required from time to time.
- Experience or Certification with AWS, Azure, GCP, OCI a plus.
What type of work will you be doing? What assignments, requirements, or skills will you be performing on a regular basis?
As part of the CloudHealth Professional Services Team, you will:
- Design, develop, and implement customer solutions focused in and around the CloudHealth platform
- Support Senior Consultants with your technical input for developing Statements of Work during the pre-sales process to define the project objectives, scope, deliverables, dependencies and risks
- Create detailed specifications outlining the requirements for both external and internal partners
- Design and develop API-based integration solutions using the CloudHealth platform
- Consult with clients on analysis and findings to ensure clarity on solutions
- Running internal resources and clients to ensure on-time on-budget delivery of projects
- Consult with clients and developers on the use and solutions using our APIs
- Lead multiple mid-sized projects in parallel
What are the benefits and perks of working at VMware?
You and your loved ones will be supported with a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Below are some highlights, or you can view the complete benefits package by visiting www.benefits.vmware.com.
- Attractive compensation package - competitive salary, flexible bonus scheme, company sponsored mobile phone plan and additional long-term incentives.
- Medical Coverage, Retirement, and Parental Leave Plans for All Family Types
- Generous Time Off Programs
- 40 hours of paid time to volunteer in your community
- Rethink's Neurodiversity program to support parents raising children with learning or behavior challenges, or developmental disabilities
- Financial contributions to your ongoing development (conference participation, trainings, course work, etc.)
- Healthy and local inspired snacks in all our on-site pantries
Category : Services and Consulting
Experience: Manager and Professional
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2020-12-11
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law. Job ID: R2017638