Senior Technical Writer - Opportunity for Working Remotely
Primary Location: ,Sofia
VMware Professional Services Worldwide Center of Engineering designs and builds integrations of VMware and third-party products into complete solutions and develops additional capabilities to existing products. Our solutions frequently become the the backbone of private and public clouds of global enterprises
As part of the Worldwide Center of Engineering (WW CoE) organization, you will be working on global projects with other talented and passionate experts in client-oriented teams.
What is a Typical Day?
As a seasoned Technical Writer, you will review and/or create documentation for technical end users, system administrators, and developers. This might include installation, user and operations guides, release notes, and others. You might contribute to the user interface design of the solutions we deliver. You might be working on several small to midsize projects simultaneously or on a single bigger project. You might be communicating directly with clients, development teams, partners, and stakeholders, facilitating and supporting smooth project delivery.
Day to day you would:
- Work closely and communicate effectively with an internal team of software developers, quality and system engineers, and project managers as well as clients and stakeholders.
- Support and contribute to the organization’s goals, drive demand for the technical writing service.
- Set deliverable deadlines.
- Gather information on client engagements by reading design documents.
- Review and edit strings in user-facing interfaces, such as error messages and labels of UI elements.
- Ensure all client documents are consistent with the VMware style guidelines and templates.
- Ensure all documents are passed through technical reviews and are produced on time.
- Provide feedback and make recommendations on product design, features, and functionality.
- Align content with agreed taxonomy.
- Collaborate with other internal and external content owners to provide an end-to-end information view to clients.
What would you need to be successful?
- Broad knowledge of all aspects of technical content development and design.
- Ability to conduct research into technology specifics and interpret them.
- Ability to communicate complex information clearly and target it precisely at your audience and its needs.
- Ability to manage time consistently and appropriately on multiple assigned tasks of high complexity.
- Experience with and understanding of agile software development methodologies and user experience standards.
- Attention to detail.
- Understanding of the principles of minimalism, single sourcing, and structured writing is a strong plus.
- Be comfortable working in distributed, multinational, and multicultural environments.
- Ability to handle difficult or sensitive situations with diplomacy and tact.
- Be autonomous, proactive, and goal oriented.
- Excellent communication skills in English, both spoken and written.
What additionally would be helpful for your success?
- Track record of client management, ownership, and advocacy for assuring client’s success.
- Hands-on technical experience with applicable technologies, such as operating systems, networking, virtualization, configuration management tools, and the VMware product portfolio.
- Experience with configuration and management of data center infrastructure.
- Hands-on experience with scripting languages.
- Academic degree in computer science or a technical field.
- Knowledge of German, French, Spanish, Chinese, or Japanese languages.
VMware Products References:
VMware vSphere: https://www.vmware.com/products/vsphere.html
VMware NSX-T: https://docs.vmware.com/en/VMware-NSX-T-Data-Center/index.html
VMware vRealize Automation: https://www.vmware.com/products/vrealize-automation.html
VMware Cloud Director: https://www.vmware.com/products/cloud-director.html
- Attractive compensation package - competitive salary, flexible bonus scheme, company sponsored mobile phone plan and additional long term incentives
- Individual career path - management and technical career growth, enhanced by learning and development program, regular performance assessment, teams of world-wide IT professionals
- Healthy work environment - company sponsored medical program, food and beverage program, sport activities, open communication
- Work-life balance – 25 days paid vacation, regular team buildings and celebrations
As part of the VMware global standards for integrity you will be required to go through a pre-employment screening process before you join
All job applications will be treated with strict confidentiality
Category : Engineering and Technology
Subcategory: Technical Writing
Experience: Manager and Professional
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2021-05-05
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law. Job ID: R2108349