Junior Software Engineer with C++ - ESXi Lifecycle
Primary Location: BGR
The ESXi Lifecycle team is involved with every aspect of delivering, managing and monitoring the hypervisor in the Cloud. As such, we are in the midst of re-designing large parts of our products offerings with a grand new vision of how all the moving parts of the Lifecycle space come together. Our work has huge visibility up and down the management chain and has tremendous bearing on how we fare in the new Cloud arena that the company has entered. With our senior technical leadership, we have been converging on a vision for our products. Now we are looking for really smart, technically capable engineer who would thrive in a fast paced, innovative environment to join our team in Sofia, Bulgaria on our journey in executing on the vision and to "knock this one out of the park". We are excited and confident about creating terrific products for our Cloud and Enterprise customers.
- Develop and maintain code, and perform code reviews
- Implement parts of the next generation architecture for VMware’s virtualization
- Be a part of a software development team, working in collaboration with product management to develop high-quality software products
- Adhere to VMware internal processes during the whole development cycle
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent computer science skills - data structures, algorithms, design patterns, experience in analyzing requirements and creating technical specifications
- Excellent understanding of OOP/OOD principles, concepts and best practices
- Excellent programming skills in C++
- Understanding of networking protocols such as TCP, UDP, HTTP(S), DHCP, DNS аnd experience with Wireshark is a big plus
- Experience and willingness to use Python is a plus
- Excellent communication skills and fluent English
- Recent University Graduate
- Willing to innovate and share knowledge
The ESXi Lifecycle suite of products consists of Auto Deploy (provides the infrastructure for network deployment of stateless ESXi hosts), Host Profiles (automates the host configuration), VMware Update Manager (a.k.a VUM, which automates patch and upgrade management of both hosts and guests), ESXi Installer/Image Builder (which manages image content creation), hardware health management (via SNMP and CIM) and ESX Agent Manager (EAM).
We believe these are exciting times for the Lifecycle space in general and our products in particular – we hope you take the opportunity to join us in this journey!
Category : Engineering and Technology
Subcategory: Software Engineering
Experience: New Graduate
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2021-01-12
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law. Job ID: R2011071