To learn more about how Dell Technologies is supporting our communities, customers, partners and team members, please visit our COVID-19 response site.
Supervisor R&D, Skyline
Primary Location: Sofia,
Additional Location(s): Sofia, Bulgaria
Skyline team is part of VMware’s Cloud Management Business Unit (CMBU). It is one of VMware’s largest SaaS services designed to help customer’s become more proactive and helping them stay out of harms way. Skyline uses large scale data collection, a sophisticated rules engine, and advanced data pipelines to drive towards this goal. Our software includes on-premise data collection along with a backend data services layer, built using a combination of Java and Python and designed to be highly modular with non-disruptive updates.
The Skyline organization is seeking a, highly motivated, manager to lead an existing engineering team in Sofia, Bulgaria. As a manager, you will lead a team of highly motivated engineers working on both the Data Collection and Data Processing components. You are someone who has track record of delivering quality software products. Excellent interpersonal skills are a requirement, but will also need experience effectively using tools such as GitLab and CI/CD systems. You should also have experience with agile software development techniques and test driven development. You will be highly technical, detail oriented with focus on implementation excellence.
• Hands on experience with Docker and Kubernetes
• Ability to work in a with remote teams and help drive agreement and decisions
• BS or MS in Computer Science or related technical fields and 5+ years of related experience in the software industry
• 2+ years of experience leading a high-performing software engineering team through multiple releases
• Knowledge of multiple software lifecycle methodologies including Agile and Waterfall
• A deep understanding of distributed systems as it relates to customer facing applications in the cloud. Understanding of microservice architectures and REST services.
• Java EE development experience with k8s.
• Understanding of CI/CD methodologies and how they work.
• Excellent leadership, people management, communication and documentation skills
• Ability to discuss and provide architectural and technical mentorship to a team of highly skilled engineers
Highly Desirable Skills:
• Experience in delivering SaaS solutions and Cloud based services
• Knowledge of performance analysis and distributed systems
• Experience with Continuous Integration processes
Category : Engineering and Technology
Subcategory: Product Dev Management
Experience: Manager and Professional
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2020-06-19
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law. Job ID: R2006106