To learn more about how Dell Technologies is supporting our communities during COVID-19, please read a letter from Michael Dell.
Technical Project Manager PS CoE
Sofia, BulgariaApply Now
As part of a Professional Services Center of Excellence (PS CoE) organization, the candidate will be working on global projects with other talented and passionate experts in customer-oriented teams. The Technical Project Manager will be responsible for the entire project lifecycle including the software development process to ensure successful delivery. The software solutions are for integration of existing VMware cloud / virtualization products with third-party products / software.
The role reports to a Director or Engineering Manager in the PSCoE.
Candidates will ideally come from the software product development or consulting services industry with a proven track record for delivering high quality, well-architected products and services. As a technical project manager within the PS CoE team, the candidate will build solutions that help customers to fully benefit from the capabilities of a virtual infrastructure by integrating company’s portfolio, open source and third-party products and automating processes.
- Be part of an integrations and extensions team that works in collaboration with management, professional services, and R&D teams.
- Lead the execution of PS CoE integrations and extensions projects towards successful completion
- Analyze customer requirements, facilitate and deliver technical solutions based on VMware technologies.
- In collaboration with technical team members prepare estimates and budgets for execution
- Develop and track detailed project plans, schedules, dependencies, critical paths
- Effectively collaborate with project stakeholders
- Clearly communicate with customers and upper management any risk areas; come up with risk mitigation plans
- Define estimates and plans for software delivery in conjunction with the team.
- Adhere to VMware internal processes during the whole development cycle – idea, patent, requirements, specifications, designs, implementation, bug fixing, QA, support, and so on.
- Onboard new members and mentor junior members in CoE department with the day to day project activities (time logging and submission, project specific execution workflow, task assignment, interactions and etc.)
- Build and maintain confidence of colleagues and customers.
- Maintain current knowledge of the entire VMware product line.
- Assist in the development of standard reusable VMware “productized” consulting service offerings, including definition of tasks, deliverables and standard estimates.
- Help document best practices and lessons learned in developing and deploying VMware solutions, and feed them into our knowledge base for reuse by the team, customers and partners.
- Present custom solutions and articulate how business requirements are met to all levels of customer resource, from operators and consumers to highest management staff.
- Secure and assign resources per project needs
- Participate and represent the organization in pre-sales activities
- Proven success leading projects in fast-paced, growing organization environment
- Deep (hands-on) knowledge in software development process. Excellent understanding of software development and project management fundamentals
- At least 3 years of experience as a project/program manager, professional services manager or consultant, preferably with an Internet, Cloud or “Big 5” consulting organization.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work without close supervision and with proactive, goal-oriented attitude.
- Familiarity with systems management concepts, processes and standards; capacity and performance management and tuning; storage and network management.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Fluent in English language: speaking, reading, and writing.
- The applicant must be available to work full-time in Sofia.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent technical experience.
- Travel up to 25% on yearly basis
Considered a plus
- Knowledge of German, French or Spanish languages
- Prior experience working with Atlassian / Changepoint
- Minimum 3 years of professional programming experience with one of the following OOP languages: Java, C++, or C#.
- Flexible working time
- Diverse team and fresh team culture
- Kids-oriented programs – summer schools and events, health insurance plans
- Trainings and personal development opportunities
- Gradual onboarding, individual plan
- Attractive compensation package - competitive salary, flexible bonus scheme, company sponsored mobile phone plan and additional long-term incentives.
- Personal career path - management and technical career growth, enhanced by learning and development program, regular performance assessment, teams of world-wide IT professionals.
- Healthy work environment - company sponsored medical program, food and beverage program, sport activities, open communication.
- Work-life balance – 25 days paid vacation, team buildings and celebrations.
- All applications will be treated with strict confidentiality.
Category : Engineering and Technology
Subcategory: Release Management
Experience: Manager and Professional
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2020-05-22
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law. Job ID: R2006871