Staff Cloud Solution Architect
Primary Location: ,Singapore
Ready to build? So are we. Come join VMware’s new exciting Modern Applications Platform Business Unit (MAPBU), made up of products and services under the Tanzu portfolio to help customers build, run and manage their most important applications. We build applications with velocity to run in a cloud-native environment, run open-source Kubernetes with consistency, and manage our customers’ entire footprint with confidence to help them achieve their business outcomes.
VMware’s Tanzu vision is to help customers on every cloud, private or public. The Staff Cloud Solutions Architect will work with the product, engineering, field and partner organizations to help drive the adoption of VMware Tanzu portfolio of products with the top partners within the VCPP program. The perfect candidate will besomeone who understands the VCPP program and VMware SDDC product expertise to device relevant solutions to make the partners and their customers successful in their application and modernization journey. The role would be responsible for making sure Tanzu products work & provide value on each partner's cloud ecosystem.
You will establish a culture of passion and excellence in execution within in the team, the BU and VMware. As part of the Tanzu VCPP Solutions Engineering team, you will be involved in architecting and implementing solutions to help increase adoption of the Tanzu portfolio of products with the topVCPP partners. You need to be able to engage, influence and collaborate with Tanzu product and engineering teams and VCPP teams in this impactful role.
Key Aspects of the role:
- Ensure Tanzu’s product success on the partner clouds by driving reference material, product value propositions and sample applications
- Be a thought leader on best ways to promote Tanzu Products with the top VCPP partners
- Work collaboratively with Product Management, Marketing & Engineering to continually refine VMWare Tanzu solutions for VCPP program
- Be the technical face of Tanzu for VCPP program, be able to build technical relationships with Cloud Providers product teams and connect them to Tanzu experts
- Continuously learn through experimenting with Tanzu products on Public Clouds and sharing of findings with team & community
- Evangelise to the business and software community via shared mediums incl. Social media, articles, conferences, meetups, etc.
- Minimum of 12+ years field leadership experience with a strong track record of successful driving business and crafting relevant solutions for partners
- Have worked closely with multiple VCPP partners in recent past.
- Have knowledge and experience with building & deploying enterprise or cloud scale applications
- Possesses detailed technical expertise in VMware SDDC and VMware Cloud Director (VCD) solutions.
- Possesses or demonstratable desire to build expertise with Modern Apps in general and VMware Tanzu solutions in particular.
- Ensure high quality and high partner satisfaction while maintaining a high pace of innovation.
- A team player, who works effectively in a team-based organization, collaborates cross-functionally, and builds support and alignment around goals and objectives.
- BS in Computer Science or related degree. Advanced degree strongly desired.
- VMware Cloud certifications or equivalent are highly desirable.
Category : Engineering and Technology
Subcategory: Software Engineering
Experience: Business Leadership
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2021-05-19
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law. Job ID: R2105757