Senior Network Security Analyst – Defense TechnologiesRound Rock, Texas, Southborough, Massachusetts, United States 02/25/2019
Senior Network Security Analyst – Defense Technologies
Location: Round Rock, TX or Southboro, MA
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities.
The Dell Security & Resiliency organization manages the security risk across all aspects of Dell’s business. We are currently experiencing incredible growth in order to meet the security needs of the world’s largest technology company. With team members located in over 15 countries, you will have an excellent opportunity to influence the security culture at Dell and further develop your career.
The Senior Network Security Analyst will join the Dell Cybersecurity organization as a member of the Networking Security team. The mission of the Networking Security team is to ensure the implementation of networking technologies to protect the enterprise.
The Senior Network Security Analyst has responsibility for designing, building and overseeing the implementation of defense technologies. This individual will be expected to contribute to initiatives across Cybersecurity and work as a member of a larger team that focuses on priority driven items which change based on need.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Designs, tests, and implements defense technologies
- Understands how to solicit and consume technical requirements to maximize the effectiveness of a deployed technology
- Demonstrates the upstream and downstream impacts and dependencies of both introducing technology into the enterprise and the implications when making changes to that technology once in production
- Participates in reviews of available tools, technologies, and processes to secure all aspects the enterprise
- In-depth disciplinary knowledge; leverages business acumen and subject matter expertise in the following:
- Provides deep subject matter expertise, advice and program delivery
- Contributes to the development of new techniques and plans within area of expertise
- In-depth understanding of Dell goals, customer requirements and knowledge of competitor practices
- Thorough understanding of Dell business priorities, strategy and direction
- Thorough understanding and management of customer business needs and expectations
- Manages projects and program execution
- Works on abstract and complex problems requiring evaluation of intangible variables
- Integrates trends, data and information into plans, deliverables and recommendations
- Develops innovative and creative output based on interpretation and analysis that improve business performance and contribute to corporate goals and strategic intent, such as:
- Opportunity/risk analyses
- Cost/benefit analyses
- Pricing models
- Anticipates operational, program, and implementation issues and develops preventative measures
- Adapts projects, programs or methods based on customer or business partner feedback
- Work is guided by business plans for the discipline, such as:
- Actively participates in setting area objectives to meet plans
- Escalates matters of business risk
- Influences others through their professional/technical expertise
- Manages critical projects, customer engagements or business processes
- Guides completion of major projects or customer engagements
- Allocates work and mentors others
- Contributes to the area through delivery of end results and contribution to planning for the area
- Provides thought leadership, guidance and advice in own field
- Works across the organization to effectively obtain and allocate resources to complete programs and projects on time
- Adapts communication techniques for audiences at multiple internal and external levels by:
- Presents facts and information to negotiate mutually acceptable solutions
- Delegates clearly and comfortably
- Cultivates, develops and manages strong, lasting customer relationships at senior management level
- May manage vendor relationships
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related field with 8+ years of relevant experience; or equivalent experience
- 7+ years of working knowledge deploying/maintaining LAN and WAN infrastructures, and security
- Knowledge of certificate lifecycle management
- Experience with Cisco routers and switches
- Experience with security processes and documentation
- Experience with firewalls/intrusion detection systems (IDS) (e.g. Palo Alto, Checkpoint, SonicWALL)
- Strong verbal and communication skills
- Expertise with Palo Alto
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.
Related Job Opportunities
- “Cybersecurity Incident Response Analyst – Cloud Environments (SRO) Multiple Locations
- Cybersecurity Incident Response Senior Advisor - CSA (SRO) Multiple Locations
- CyberArk Senior Advisor (SRO) Multiple Locations
Join Our Talent Network
Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.