Data Center Solutions Principal
Primary Location: St Leonards, Australia
DCSP – Data Center Solution Principal
Experienced solution principal responsible for driving professional services - the Dell Technologies residency and deployment services covering the data center infrastructure, with the Dell Technologies field account, presales and services sales teams. Provides technical leadership and direction to customers in the analysis, design and development of professional services solutions. Acts as expert and consultant to develop and propose solutions that meet the technology and business requirements of assigned customers. Makes technical and sales presentations to customer and senior management. Understands Dell Technologies products and its competitive technology and business applications relevant to associated services. Conducts research, answers question and removes objections that arise in a sales campaign. Serves as a trusted technology advisor to customers and serves as a thought leader within their area of expertise and assigned business segment, resource on technical issues or specific business applications within an assigned market segment. Partners with the assigned engagement manager to drive follow-on opportunities within active accounts. Transitions work to delivery organization through appropriate practice managers.
- Drive business and solution development with account managers, with primary focus on identifying, scoping, proposing and closing engagements. Coordinates sales efforts with delivery management and practice management team, including ensuring all required commercial/solution reviews are completed.
- Ensures SOW and BOE are carefully defined.
- Participates in account relationship and issue management activities. Conducts business development activities with broad application of principles and concepts. Build and maintain engagements on the most complex deals and / or on a selected list of focused accounts.
- Define, develop and implement actions according to account plans on selected focused accounts with account teams. Adhere to Dell EMC sales process and methodologies on all opportunity pursuits. Defines solid, workable solutions and provides resolutions to diverse range of complex business problems.
- Responsible for the booking forecast of services and solutions business in assigned accounts. Understand the power of credentials, and is able to leverage appropriate success stories that are relevant to a particular prospect and/or sales situation. Stay abreast of status/details for each campaign and independently provide reliable booking forecasts on a weekly, monthly and quarterly basis.
- Possesses strong product/technology/industry knowledge
- Understanding of Dell EMC's products and their value added to the customer
- Solutioning skills to develop deployment and residency services
- Sales Acumen
- Business forecasting/managing the business
- Results driven
- Presentation skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Communication skills
- Consultative skills
- Customer focused.
- Negotiation skills.
- Understanding of key sales and management reporting tools.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Equal Employment Opportunity Policy here.
Job ID: R093643