Graduate Systems EngineerSt Leonards, Australia 05/27/2019
At Dell EMC, we are committed to bringing innovation to people everywhere and organizations of all shapes and sizes so they can transform and thrive in the digital economy.
As an Associate Systems Engineer (ASE) within Dell EMC, you will analyze and design technology solutions, and provide technical expertise in support of Presales activities. You may also assist in the development of responses to customer requests and proposals, as required in the Enterprise, Commercial, Partner or Specialty markets.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
We offer a structured program that combines intensive training and on-the-job mentoring experience. This intensive role based-training includes:
- An introduction to the storage industry, best practices and methodologies and the Dell way of doing business
- Hands-on work with Dell EMC products and platforms, operating systems and storage infrastructure tools
- The opportunity to gain technical certifications, both Dell EMC and industry-wide
After the training, you will be able to:
- Demonstrate functional mastery
- Assist with the development of the technical aspects of sales campaigns
- Assist with solution configuration by leveraging technical expertise and other resources (Dell EMC Knowledge bases, Dell EMC Specialists, Dell EMC Shared Services, other role-specific tools)
- Drive business results and customer value
- Understand the importance of a sense of urgency
- Assist with development of technical strategies to deliver Dell EMC solutions that support customer business objectives
- Participate in qualifying sales opportunities in the terms of customer technical requirements, competition, decision making process and funding
- Support analysis of customer’s business objectives. Gathers information from customers that enable the Presales team to devise a proposed solution
- Demonstrate org effectiveness and leadership
- Seek mentorship and is responsive to feedback
- Use awareness of formal networks to complete daily tasks
- Listen openly and responds appropriately
- Foster trust across boundaries and is seen as a team player
- Build Dell EMC capabilities, cultures & values
- Customers: We believe our relationships with customers are the ultimate differentiator and the foundation for our success.
- Winning together: We believe in and value our people. We perform better, are smarter, and have more fun working as a team than as individuals.
- Innovation: We believe our ability to innovate and cultivate breakthrough thinking is an engine for growth, success and progress.
- Results: We believe in being accountable to an exceptional standard of excellence and performance.
- Integrity: We believe integrity must always govern our fierce desire to win.
- Align with and drive Dell EMC strategy
- Understand the global business environment and applies that understanding to his/her work
- Understand trusted advisor requirements and identifies customer relationships necessary to be successful
- Establish a change mindset and understands change initiatives
- Be open to creative and innovative suggestions from others
- Observe and question existing processes and practices
You have a Bachelor’s Degree in a technical discipline with 1 -2 years of Presales experience or 2-3 years Professional IT experience. You have general knowledge of IT Infrastructure and Operations and may even have some knowledge of Dell EMC storage technology & products. The ideal candidate will have great potential and desire to learn, coupled with experience in infrastructure, applications, software, and/or services. Working knowledge of cloud models including virtualization, converged infrastructure, and public offerings is a plus.
You epitomize results! You’re self-motivated, proactive, and understand the importance of a sense of urgency. You have a passion for technology and desire to learn. You love working with others and solving problems. Innovation is intriguing to you and you do all things with high integrity. You’re driven to further develop your technical aptitude and progress your career within the technology space. Excellent communication and presentation skills are a must. You have the ability to tell a compelling story and engage your customers.
Full working rights in AustraliaJob Family: Engineering Job ID: R77146
Related Job Opportunities
- Onboarding Engineer (Virtustream) Multiple Locations
- Concept Prototyping Lead DellDesign Multiple Locations