Manager, Software Engineering
- St Petersburg, Russian Federation
We believe that progress lives at the intersection of technology and humanity, and that our role is to bring innovation to people everywhere to drive progress around the world. Every member of our team plays a critical role in bringing our purpose to life — through our work, passion and commitment to do the absolute best we can for our company, our customers and each other.
What makes a successful Software Engineer?
Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
Manager, Software Engineering QA
Location: Saint Petersburg, Russia.
Dell Technologies’ Unstructured Storage Division is seeking talented Software Engineering Manager to join In-Market Engineering (IME) Validation team for its PowerScale (Isilon) storage product family.
The Dell EMC PowerScale Storage Division is in the business of transforming the way data is stored. At the forefront of the Big Data movement, our highly parallelized, distributed architecture has completely redefined the storage model. We enable our thousands of customers to work at a scale that wasn't previously possible by shipping a true clustered file system that can be expanded from a few dozen terabytes up to many petabytes. Our goal is to package game changing technology, un-paralleled scalability, and record-breaking performance into a product that is utterly simple to manage and continuously delights our customers.
We are building a tight-knit IME Validation (QA) team in Saint Petersburg as a strategic part of PowerScale Engineering Team which is responsible for developing all critical feature work and fixes for OneFS Operating System (encompassing distributed file systems, kernel, protocols, networking, along with user space scale out components for replication, backup and archive). This team has worldwide coverage and serves as the face of PowerScale Engineering to other groups within Dell Technologies.
Join us and help us to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact.
This role is for a dynamic individual who wants to help us create and grow an innovative, fast paced brand new validation team. Someone who is hungry/driven and who will care about employees and help them grow. Someone who will make us all better, who will hold themselves accountable and help hold each of us accountable. Someone who will work hard and play hard.
What you’ll achieve
As a Software Engineering Manager, you will be responsible for leading a software quality assurance team within our IME organization. Primary responsibility of IME Software Development team is fixing product defects and delivering the fixes to the customer as quick as possible. Software validation team will be responsible for the verification all such fixes. Along with the fixes verification your team will be responsible for improving overall product/processes quality, test cases automation, small/medium size new feature validation and patch validation/creation. You and your team would be the anchor point to support our Product improving Customer’s satisfaction continuously with high quality and implement the principle to shorten our deliveries’ TTR.
- Help to hire brand new team in St. Petersburg.
- Be the people manager for a team of 8-10 software engineers/software QA engineers based in St. Petersburg.
- Be responsible for all aspects of quality, validation, verification and automation of the product/fixes/features.
- Be the coach for the team – mentoring team members, motivating them, helping them grow, and nurture a high-performance team.
- Collaborate with global IME management leadership team to be on-call during non-business hour
Take the first step towards your dream career
Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Here’s what we are looking for with this role:
- At least Bachelor's degree in engineering, math, science or related field, or equivalent work experience and eager to expand new technologies in Storage Industry.
- Prior strong background of quality assurance and passion for automation and efficiency
- Experience of leading a team in a cross-functional, globally distributed environment.
- Experience in hiring, training, motivating, coaching, and assessing performance of software engineers.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English which is required for interaction with team members, senior members of the staff and other organizations and excellent presentation skills.
- Any DevOps experience would be icing on the cake.
- Hands-on experience in working/developing for FreeBSD or other POSIX/UNIX operating systems.
Joining us, you will get
- Salary to be discussed on the results of the interview, but not lower than the markets average.
- Medical, Life insurance for employees and your family in Russia and abroad.
- Corporate trainings and certifications.
- Corporate English Classes.
- Dell EMC Proven Professional Certifications.
- Possibility in flexible working hours and working from home.
- 36 days of paid vacation days plus 2 paid days off.
- Paid sick days; doctor’s consultation at the office.
- Opportunity to participate in charity activities.
- Comfortable 24/7 office in the city center.
- Partial reimbursement of any sport activities.
- Regular teambuilding and corporate events.
- Corporate laptop.
- Opportunity to train in different sport teams: volleyball, football, kicker, chess, cycling, etc.
- Opportunity to participate in sports competitions among IT Community.
Here’s our story; now tell us yours
Dell Technologies helps organizations and individuals build a brighter digital tomorrow. Our company is made up of more than 150,000 people, located in over 180 locations around the world. We’re proud to be a diverse and inclusive team and have an endless passion for our mission to drive human progress.
What’s most important to us is that you are respected, feel like you can be yourself and have the opportunity to do the best work of your life -- while still having a life. We offer excellent benefits, bonus programs, flexible work arrangements, a variety of career development opportunities, employee resource groups, and much more.
We started with computers, but we didn’t stop there. We are helping customers move into the future with multi-cloud, AI and machine learning through the most innovative technology and services portfolio for the data era. Join us and become a part of what’s next in technology, starting today.
You can also learn more about us by reading our latest Diversity and Inclusion Report and our plan to make the world a better place by 2030 here.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Employment Opportunity Policy here.Job Family: Engineering Software-Engineer Job ID: R109377
Global Sales at Dell
We believe that technology is essential for driving human progress, and we’re committed to providing that technology to people and organizations everywhere so they can transform the way they work and live. Join our sales team and be a part of our story.Learn More About Global Sales
Learn what it's like to work in the St Petersburg Office.Explore this location
Rewards & Development
It's simple. We believe in rewarding our team members for a job well done, investing in their professional development and filling the majority of our open positions internally.
Health & Wellness
As part of our overall rewards, we offer benefits programs designed to help you maintain a healthy lifestyle. These benefits are based on your location, so please ask your recruiter for more details.
Dell’s Connected Workplace program offers new ways to work and enables eligible team members to choose the style that best fulfills their needs, both in their job and their personal life.
You may be eligible for other programs in your location including employee purchase program, paid time away from work, financial and savings programs and more. Talk to your recruiter for more details on what benefits programs are available in your location.
Our culture is defined by our values and made real every day by how we work and lead. We know our culture is the foundation for all we’ve achieved, and for all the success ahead of us. Don't take it just from us – see what our employees say in our annual "Tell Dell" results.
- 90% My leader cares about my well-being both professionally and personally.
- 93% I am proud that I never have to worry about Dell Technologies showing up in a headline damaging our ethical reputation.
- 90% My job means more to me than just a paycheck and benefits
- 94% I believe flexible work arrangements (e.g., working remote, mobile, telework, etc.) at Dell Technologies contribute positively to our performance as a company.