Principal (Lead) Java Developer, IEO
Primary Location: St Petersburg, Russian Federation
Principal (Lead) Java Developer, IEO
Dell Technologies Infrastructure and Engineering Operations (IEO) organization looks for the skillful individual to take the software principal development position in Development Ready Infrastructure(DRI) project team (St. Petersburg, Russia) . We are developing a corporate-wide cloud solution targeted for the engineering groups inside Dell Technologies and we look for the Java expert to help us with building the service portal and several related micro service-based services. From the candidates we expect hands-on experience in developing micro services-based applications both independently and within the team, keen technology savvy mind and the will to make a world a better place. We are a distributed team so the candidate should be ready to work with teams across the globe.
Join us as a Principal Java Developer on our DRI team in St. Petersburg to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact.
What you’ll achieve
As a Software Engineer you will participate in development of important part of DRI service. DRI is implemented with microservices architecture and designed to run on container managed platforms.
- Participate in analyzing and clarifying requirements, design discussions and come up with implementation plans to deliver quality features
- Contribute into development activities by implementing new features, enhancements and fixing defects
- Perform code reviews, suggest design improvements
- Participate in cross-geo communications between team members
- Contribute into documentation for the team and share the knowledge with peers
Take the first step towards your dream career
Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Here’s what we are looking for with this role:
- Bachelor's or master’s degree in Computer Science or related field with 8+ (Bachelor’ s) or 6+ (Master’s) years of proven software development experience
- Proficient in Java, Spring framework, Spring boot with a good knowledge of its ecosystems, solid understanding of object-oriented programming
- Strong knowledge of the enterprise level distributed architectures: client-server, three tiered, micro services (preferred)
- Solid understanding of relational & non-relational databases and MQ frameworks like RabbitMQ, Kafka
- Solid communication skills (intermediate+ English level)
- Experience with container-based environments like docker, Kubernetes
- Working experience with the tools JIRA, Confluence, Jenkins
Joining us, you will get
- Salary to be discussed on the results of the interview, but not lower than the markets average
- Medical, Life insurance for employees and your family in Russia and abroad
- Opportunity to train in different sport teams: volleyball, football, kicker, chess, cycling, etc.
- Opportunity to participate in sports competitions among IT Community
- Corporate trainings and certifications; corporate English classes
- Possibility in flexible working hours and working from home
- 36 days of paid vacation days plus 2 paid days off
- Paid sick days, doctor’s consultation at the office
- Opportunity to participate in charity activities
- Comfortable 24/7 office in the city center
- Partial reimbursement of any sport activities
- Regular teambuilding and corporate events
- Corporate laptop
Here’s our story; now tell us yours
Dell Technologies helps organizations and individuals build a brighter digital tomorrow. Our company is made up of more than 150,000 people, located in over 180 locations around the world. We’re proud to be a diverse and inclusive team and have an endless passion for our mission to drive human progress.
What’s most important to us is that you are respected, feel like you can be yourself and have the opportunity to do the best work of your life -- while still having a life. We offer excellent benefits, bonus programs, flexible work arrangements, a variety of career development opportunities, employee resource groups, and much more.
We started with computers, but we didn’t stop there. We are helping customers move into the future with multi-cloud, AI and machine learning through the most innovative technology and services portfolio for the data era. Join us and become a part of what’s next in technology, starting today.
You can also learn more about us by reading our latest Diversity and Inclusion Report and our plan to make the world a better place by 2030 here.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Employment Opportunity Policy here.
Job ID: R108258