Primary Location: St Petersburg, Russian Federation
Location: Saint Petersburg, Russia.
Dell Technologies’ Unstructured Storage Division is seeking talented Software Engineer to join In-Market Engineering (IME) Validation team for its PowerScale (Isilon) storage product family.
The Dell EMC PowerScale Storage Division is in the business of transforming the way data is stored. At the forefront of the Big Data movement, our highly parallelized, distributed architecture has completely redefined the storage model. We enable our thousands of customers to work at a scale that wasn't previously possible by shipping a true clustered file system that can be expanded from a few dozen terabytes up to many petabytes. Our goal is to package game changing technology, un-paralleled scalability, and record-breaking performance into a product that is utterly simple to manage and continuously delights our customers.
We are building a tight-knit IME Validation (QA) team in Saint Petersburg as a strategic part of PowerScale Engineering Team which is responsible for developing all critical feature work and fixes for OneFS Operating System (encompassing distributed file systems, kernel, protocols, networking, along with user space scale out components for replication, backup and archive). This team has worldwide coverage and serves as the face of PowerScale Engineering to other groups within Dell Technologies.
Join us and help us to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact.
This role is for a dynamic individual who wants to join an innovative, fast paced team located in Saint Petersburg redefining the storage landscape in scalable storage. We are looking for Software Engineer with hands on experience, who can ramp-up fast, eager to learn, can lead bugs/features verification, care about product/processes quality.
Primary responsibility of IME Software Development team is fixing product defects and delivering the fixes to the customer as quick as possible. Software validation team is responsible for the verification all such fixes. Along with the fixes verification validation team is responsible for improving overall product/processes quality, test cases automation, small/medium size new feature validation and patch validation/creation.
What you’ll achieve
As a Software Engineer, you will develop, revise and maintain test plans, test cases and automated test scripts for customers end-to-end scenarios based on pre-determined product requirements as a part of a professional engineering team. You will validate fixes/features made by developer’s team as well as participate in patch validation process. You will work with the product development team and product management to ensure product quality and customer satisfaction. You will be involved in driving continuous process improvements for the evolution of testing procedures.
- Participate in validation, verification and automation of the product/fixes/features.
- Isolate, reproduce and track bugs and verify fixes, work on the features with Dev team and monthly patches delivery with PV bugs/Mechanic Test/Performance Test.
- Run/Update/Add new automated test scenarios (Python), maintain test execution, track test execution results, recommend corrective actions, and work with the development engineers on resolution of problems.
- Have strong mindset of quality assuring any IME delivery to customers without any quality issue slipping out from a holistic view of PowerScale product and strong mindset of smart working to make our daily work with more and more automation.
- Work effectively with cross-functional and/or cross-geographic teams, readily share information with others.
Take the first step towards your dream career
Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Here’s what we are looking for with this role:
- 0-3 years of QA/automation experience with Linux/Unix platforms and computer systems and at least Bachelor's degree in engineering, math, science or related field, or equivalent work experience.
- Understanding of test methodology, experience in test cases design, execution and analysis.
- Real word programming experience with Python (knowledge of C/C++ is a plus) preferably in the QA automation area.
- Troubleshooting skills, ability to reproduce and document the issue.
- Experience in one or more of the following areas: NAS Storage protocols (NFS, HDFS, SMB etc.); Filesystems (working with LINs, iNodes, etc..); Unix and/or Windows system fundamentals; Networking technologies; Data Replication technologies; Clustering technologies
- Experience working with git, Jenkins.
- Hands-on experience in working/developing for FreeBSD or other POSIX/UNIX operating systems.
Joining us, you will get
- Salary to be discussed on the results of the interview, but not lower than the markets average.
- Medical, Life insurance for employees and your family in Russia and abroad.
- Corporate trainings and certifications.
- Corporate English Classes.
- Dell EMC Proven Professional Certifications.
- Possibility in flexible working hours and working from home.
- 36 days of paid vacation days plus 2 paid days off.
- Paid sick days; doctor’s consultation at the office.
- Opportunity to participate in charity activities.
- Comfortable 24/7 office in the city center.
- Partial reimbursement of any sport activities.
- Regular teambuilding and corporate events.
- Corporate laptop.
- Opportunity to train in different sport teams: volleyball, football, kicker, chess, cycling, etc.
- Opportunity to participate in sports competitions among IT Community.
Here’s our story; now tell us yours
Dell Technologies helps organizations and individuals build a brighter digital tomorrow. Our company is made up of more than 150,000 people, located in over 180 locations around the world. We’re proud to be a diverse and inclusive team and have an endless passion for our mission to drive human progress.
What’s most important to us is that you are respected, feel like you can be yourself and have the opportunity to do the best work of your life -- while still having a life. We offer excellent benefits, bonus programs, flexible work arrangements, a variety of career development opportunities, employee resource groups, and much more.
We started with computers, but we didn’t stop there. We are helping customers move into the future with multi-cloud, AI and machine learning through the most innovative technology and services portfolio for the data era. Join us and become a part of what’s next in technology, starting today.
You can also learn more about us by reading our latest Diversity and Inclusion Report and our plan to make the world a better place by 2030 here.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Employment Opportunity Policy here.Job ID: R109409