Senior Sustaining Engineer, PowerScale/Isilon
Primary Location: St Petersburg, Russian Federation
Senior Sustaining Engineer, PowerScale/Isilon
This role is for a dynamic individual who wants to join an innovative, fast paced team located in St. Petersburg redefining the storage landscape in scalable storage.
Join us as a Senior Sustaining Engineer on our In-Market Engineering team in Saint-Petersburg to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact.
What you’ll achieve
As a Senior Sustaining Engineer you will be taking escalations from support to identify product defects, find workarounds, document defects in the form of bugzilla bugs, help identify test coverage issues and get the fix into the hands of the customers as soon as possible.
- Work to provide reproduction of customer issues
- Provide frequent, detailed status on assigned escalations until resolution
- Create product defects that define the issue discovered in the field to provide tracking of issues, and clarity for developers
- Validate support bug reports through debugging core files (gdb), reviewing packet captures, and direct code inspection.
- Provide guidance to development engineering on resolution of validated product bugs, provide education to support engineering on invalid bug reports
Take the first step towards your dream career
Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Here’s what we are looking for with this role:
- Real-world C knowledge and computer science fundamentals in order to analyze both defect reports and read and modify underlying source code
- Ability to manage multiple projects and see them through to completion
- Proficient in communication in English, good oral and written communication skills
- Ability to effectively explain and communicate architecture and root-cause analysis to Global Support, and occasionally customers
- Ability to quickly learn new technology and new products
- Experience with Filesystems, Networking technologies and concepts
- Experience with Storage protocols (NFS, HDFS, SMB etc.)
Joining Us, You Will:
- Get Salary to be discussed based on the results of the interview
- Medical, Life insurance
- Possibility in Flexible working hours and working from home
- 36 days of paid vacation days plus 2 paid days off
- Paid sick days
- Opportunity to participate in charity activities
- Opportunity to participate in sport activities
- Comfortable 24/7 office in the City Centre
- Regular teambuilding and corporate events
- Corporate laptop
Here’s our story; now tell us yours
Dell Technologies helps organizations and individuals build a brighter digital tomorrow. Our company is made up of more than 150,000 people, located in over 180 locations around the world. We’re proud to be a diverse and inclusive team and have an endless passion for our mission to drive human progress.
What’s most important to us is that you are respected, feel like you can be yourself and have the opportunity to do the best work of your life -- while still having a life. We offer excellent benefits, bonus programs, flexible work arrangements, a variety of career development opportunities, employee resource groups, and much more.
We started with computers, but we didn’t stop there. We are helping customers move into the future with multi-cloud, AI and machine learning through the most innovative technology and services portfolio for the data era. Join us and become a part of what’s next in technology, starting today.
You can also learn more about us by reading our latest Diversity and Inclusion Report and our plan to make the world a better place by 2030 here.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Equal Employment Opportunity Policy here.
Job ID: R109337