z/OS Software EngineerSt Petersburg, Russian Federation 12/06/2018
Mainframe z/OS Software Engineer develops software solutions for external clients based on detailed specifications from technology/systems consultants. Responsible for the design, development, testing, documentation, and analysis of modules or features of new or upgraded software systems and products. Develops and/or executes implementation according to project plans and priorities. SW Engineers may develop a range of products including device drivers, patches, operating system modifications, etc. Plans, designs, develops and tests software systems or applications for software enhancements and new products.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Development and maintenance of Dell EMC Mainframe solutions for storage management.
- Taking responsibility for customer issues (internal and external customers).
- Contributing technical expertise to help determines requirements and functional specifications.
- Contributing to cost/delivery/quality targets.
- Working effectively with cross-functional and/or global teams, to share readily information with others.
Education and Work Experience
- A Master/Specialist degree in a Computer Science related discipline
- 1+ years of relevant experience
- Assembler experience on any platform
- General knowledge and application of engineering concepts.
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Ability to multi-task and to work effectively in a team environment.
- C/C++ (or other programming language) knowledge is a plus.
- Any experience in z/Systems(IBM Mainframe) environment is a plus.
- Understanding of storage business environment.
- Experience in working as a member of geographically distributed team.
Joining Us, You Will Get
- Salary to be discussed on the results of the interview;
- Medical, Life insurance for employees and family in Russia and abroad;
- Corporate trainings and certifications; Corporate English Classes;
- Possibility in Flexible working hours and Working from home;
- 36 days of paid vacation days plus 2 paid days off;
- Paid sick days; Doctor’s consultation at the office;
- Opportunity to participate in charity activities;
- Comfortable 24/7 office in the City Centre;
- Partial reimbursement of any sport activities;
- Regular teambuilding and corporate events;
- Corporate laptop.
Related Job Opportunities
- Principal Software Engineer St Petersburg, Russia
- Software Engineer 2 St Petersburg, Russia
- Senior Software Engineer St Petersburg, Russia
Join Our Talent Network
Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.