Lead Solution Engineer - Networking & Security - Opportunity for Working Remotely
Primary Location: Staines,UK
Lead Systems Engineer – Networking & Security
Why work with our Group:
The Networking and Security solution team is focused on driving business transformation and accelerating the adoption of VMware Virtual Cloud Networking (VCN).
The VMware Solution Engineer (SE) plays a critical role in building and sustaining customer relationships while driving the adoption of VMware solutions. The SE works as a crucial part of the Sales team to build long-term business relationships within assigned accounts. The SE is a high impact, very visible role responsible for ensuring pervasive enterprise adoption of VMware software and solutions and closing enterprise transactions within assigned accounts.
As a VMware VCN Solution Engineer, you will be responsible for driving the technical sales cycles to ensure customer success and revenue goals derived from VMware VCN. You will focus on selling the value of VMware Network Virtualization and Security.
We are seeking an individual who has a real passion for technology. Someone with social intelligence, enthusiasm and with an strong technical background in Networking and/or Security. You have a track record of excellent problem-solving skills.
You will demonstrate integrity and independence yet have a huge desire to give back to your team. You are consistently curious about how things work and love to tinker with new products and technologies. You learn from your mistakes and you enjoy working with really smart people. You should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, products, and technical challenges. A keen sense of ownership, drive, and resourcefulness is a must.
You will assist the Sales teams in achieving their revenue goals by ensuring technical acceptance and wins of the VMware VCN offerings. You will present the VMware VCN vision, technologies and strategy to executives, technical management and technical engineers. In addition, you will maintain deep technical and business knowledge of the VCN technologies, related industry directions and trends with extra focus on the security aspects of the portfolio.
Other responsibilities will include:
- Assisting sales in preparation of proposals, statements of work, and supporting documents for prospects
- Driving partnerships with sales associates, product management, technical marketing and engineering during the development, launch and continuing refinement of Network and Security Products
- Maintaining and growing technical pre-sales relationships with key partner field organizations and VMware System Engineers
- Understanding and articulating the impact of Network Virtualization and Security to a customer’s physical IP network, operations and future network and networking security architectures
- Participating in knowledge sharing activities with your VCN SE counterparts
- Become a subject matter expert in the security area of our portfolio
- Experience as a sales engineer or customer-facing engineer working on large-scale enterprise environments in networking and security
- Ability to communicate with Network Architects, Security Architect, Admins and their leadership teams; and vary the message and content based on audience
- A great track record of working together with Sales representatives and recent experience as a pre-sales engineer facing global or large-scale enterprise customers.
- In depth technical understanding of at least three of the following:
- Datacenter Networking
- Compute virtualization (VMware or others) Cloud management systems: OpenStack, CloudStack, vRealize Automation, vCloud Director
- Container Technologies K8s, Container Networking
- Network virtualization technologies, SDNs, NFV
- Network security, virtualized firewall solutions, NGFW
- VPN technologies (IPSEC, SSL, MPLS)
- Cloud offerings such as AWS, Azure, GCP
- Load-balancer solutions
- Good understanding of Data Center networking fabric topologies and common architectures deployed
Core values and traits:
- Understand what it takes to be a successful pre-sales systems engineer
- Is personable and well-presented and has excellent communications and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrates ownership and responsibility for what has been committed
- Independent, yet with a huge desire to give back to your team
- Passionate about technology and its impact on customers
- Enthusiastic and charismatic presentation skills
- Has the ability to travel (nationally & internationally) when required
Category : Sales
Subcategory: Systems Engineering
Experience: Business Leadership
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2021-05-27
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law. Job ID: R2105703