Senior Pre Sales Engineer - Networking & Security (Global Accounts)
Primary Location: Staines,Surrey
VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable our more than 350,000 enterprise and SMB customers to thrive in the Cloud Era/ A pioneer in the use of virtualization and automation technologies, VMware simplifies IT complexity across the entire data center to the virtual workplace, empowering customers with solutions in the software-defined data center to hybrid cloud computing and the mobile workspace.
Our team of 20,000+ people working in 50+ locations worldwide is committed to building a community where great people want to work long term by living our values of passion, innovation, execution, collaboration, active learning and giving back. If you are ready to accelerate, innovate and lead, join us as we challenge constraints and problem solve for tomorrow today.
Be part of the next revolution in IT! The transition to a software-defined Network by VMware VCN. A Virtual Cloud Network (VCN), built on VMware NSX technology, is a ubiquitous software layer from data center to cloud to edge infrastructure. It provides a secure, consistent foundation that drives business forward throughout the World.
As a VMware Senior Pre Sales Engineer specialized in Networking & Security, you will be responsible for driving the technical sales cycles empowering our Customers business agility and innovation initiatives by delivering on VMware’s Virtual Cloud Network strategy. Through deep and broad technical- and business knowledge ensure customer success by selling the value of VMware Network Virtualization and Security which includes technology from VMware.
Do you want to influence and lead?
Present VMware Virtual Cloud Network vision and technologies, strategy, and product roadmaps to executives, technical management and technical engineers
Maintain deep technical and business knowledge of cloud computing and networking applications, industry directions, and trends
Maintain working knowledge of competitive architectures
Assist sales in preparation of proposals, statement of work, and supporting documents for prospects
Work collaboratively with sales associates, product management, technical marketing and engineering during the development, launch and continuing refinement of Network and Security related products
Maintain, grow, and leverage technical pre-sales relationships with key partner field organizations and VMware System Engineers
Understand and articulate the impact of Network Virtualization and Security to a customer’s physical IP network, operations and future network and networking security architectures
Develop skills around our industry-leading Software-Defined Data Center (SDDC) foundation which brings together best-in-class compute, storage, networking virtualization, and cloud management, our common operating environment lets you rapidly run, manage, connect, and secure apps across clouds and devices.
- 5+ years’ experience in a sales engineer or customer-facing engineer working on large-scale enterprise and service provider environments in networking and security
- A great track record of working together with Sales representative and recent experience as a pre-sales engineer facing global or large-scale enterprise customers and service providers.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, related field orequivalent experience
In depth technical understanding of at least three of the following:
- Datacenter Networking - CCNP level minimum
- Compute virtualization (VMware or others)
- Cloud management systems: OpenStack, CloudStack, vRealize Automation, vCloud Director
- Network virtualization technologies, SDNs, NFV
- Network security, virtualized firewall solutions, NGFW
- VPN technologies (IPSEC, SSL, MPLS)
- Container environment & Kubernetes
- Cloud offers such as Amazon, Azure, Google
- Understanding/training records at datacenter networking fabric topologies and common architectures deployed both Layer 2 and Layer 3 based
Core values and traits:
- Understand what it takes to be a successful pre-sales system engineer
- Startup mentality - “whatever it takes”
- Team Spirit
- Passionate about technology and its impact on customers
- Daring by nature
- Enthusiastic and charismatic presentation skills
- Translate customer requirements and quantify them to bring back to product management and ability to communicate with Network Architects
- Comfortable and have a desire for hands-on duties supporting customers during product demonstrations, training, and PoCs
- Proven track record to run NSX Proof of Concepts onsite with customers and manage the entire activity
- Ability to deliver basic NSX training & workshop sessions as part of the pre-sales Process
Why work with our Group:
The VMware Pre-Sales Engineer (SE) plays a critical role in building and sustaining customer relationships while driving the adoption of VMware solutions to surpassing our revenue goals. The SE works very closely with sales teams to build long-term business relationships within assigned accounts. The SE is a high impact, very visible role responsible for ensuring pervasive enterprise adoption of VMware software and solutions, and closing enterprise transactions within assigned accounts.
This position is eligible for the JoinSDDC referral campaign
Category : Sales
Subcategory: Systems Engineering
Experience: Business Leadership
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2021-06-09
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law. Job ID: R2108120