VP, Partner & Commercial Organisation, EMEA
Primary Location: Staines,Surrey
The VP of Partner & Commercial Sales is accountable for growing VMware’s overall partner and commercial business in the EMEA region. This role will report directly to the Senior Vice President and General Manager of EMEA sales, with strong matrixed accountability to the WW Senior Vice President of VMware’s Partner and Commercial organization.
The ideal candidate is a strategic business leader with proven industry expertise in building and executing effective sales strategies, resulting in driving exponential growth by developing, leading, and activating both direct and indirect RTM resources. The role requires a track record of balancing strategic thinking, driving transformational change, and executional rigor delivering on current business priorities. The role also requires experience building successful next-generation partner ecosystems, leading direct and indirect sales teams, and a deep understanding of field and partner organizations and successful collaboration in highly matrixed environments.
The Partner and Commercial sales leader will establish and execute a jointly accountable operating model with direct and matrixed organizational resources (global and regional GTM strategy, marketing, services, operations, finance, etc.) to drive Partner and Commercial business growth through:
- Developing and executing an operating model to accelerate revenue across all stages of the customer lifecycle, with a scale strategy with the partner ecosystem.
- Effective marketing, enablement, and sales compensation and incentive plans that are globally aligned and regionally impactful.
- Optimal sales headcount coverage and allocation plans.
- Driving business performance visibility, providing insights and action plans in response to market and business trends & opportunities.
- Operational excellence in day-to-day run the business, including (but not limited to) forecasting, pipeline development, hiring, performance management, collaboration, teamwork, and best practice sharing.
- Ensure that partner and commercial sales teams are on-track to contribute to achieving/exceeding pipeline build and revenue growth goals.
- Collaborate x-functionally with VP of Sales Acceleration to ensure investments and incentives align and support the overall xFranchise GTM Partner strategy.
- Accountable to provide input on requirements for channel & commercial-ready products/solutions and collaboratively interlocking with GTM teams to successfully amplify and drive adoption for new solutions in-market.
- This is a highly cross functional role – requiring close collaboration with other partner groups and product business units and specialize sales leadership in VMware.
- Influence senior executives to drive transformation.
- Strategic thinker with a sales mentality, as well as analytical ability and a proven ability to execute strategy.
- Extensive experience in building Partner ecosystems that drive successful SaaS adoption & consumption.
- Track record of success driving Commercial strategy and sales growth.
- Advanced degree in Marketing, Business, Finance or equivalent experience preferred.
- Demonstrates exceptional leadership skills with the ability to create and drive vision across organizations.
- Proven leadership in a global software organization with significant matrixed sales leadership responsibility.
- Solid understanding of SaaS sales cycles, consumption models and contract negotiations.
- Strong interpersonal and team building skills; proven ability to work with a diverse team and influence and drive change across functional and business boundaries in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience building efficient & effective partner and commercial sales organizations and integrating multiple selling/marketing levers into a transactional strategy.
- The ability to operate effectively in a rapidly scaling, dynamic environment, be able to manage multiple stakeholders and groups simultaneously and have strong communications skills.
- Possess personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and commitment to VMware’s EPIC2 values.
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Favoritism and Annoyance of Any Kind and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Category : Sales
Subcategory: Partner Programs
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2021-04-21
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law. Job ID: R2105988