Sr. Consultant, (Cyber Security), Federal
Primary Location: Sterling,Virginia
As a VMware Sr. Consultant, you will provide customers technical leadership in the design, installation, configuration, and implementation of VMware products and services. You will help to document best practices in developing and deploying VMware solutions, and feed them into our knowledge base of best practices got customers and partners. Services include (but not limited to) Operational Readiness, Business Continuance, Disaster Recovery, and Storage, and IT services Delivery.
Our Professional Services team works with our customers to achieve the security posture in a world of persistent and evolving threats. Our team is comprised of security professionals that provide implementation services, engagement management and overall advice and guidance needed for successful initial and on-going use of our products.
Leveraging our established best practices, our team expertly assists in planning, designing and deploying Carbon Black products in our customer’s environment. During the implementation, our Professional Services team works within the framework of a proven methodology that includes templates, tools and best practices developed over the course of over a thousand successful implementation projects. Our implementation goal: create valuable, efficient and sustainable implementations.
***This position will perform work that the U.S. government has specified can only be performed by a U.S. citizen on U.S. soil, and therefore any offer will be contingent upon verification of both of these requirements
- Independently conduct enterprise engagements with customers
- Maintain current knowledge of the entire VMware product line
- Conduct pre-packaged VMware consulting solutions in a timely and effective manner
- Assist in the development of standard reusable VMware “productized” consulting service offerings, including definition of tasks, deliverables and standard estimates
- Help to document best practices in developing and deploying VMware solutions
- 10+ years’ experience in security/network engineering, sales engineering, or systems engineering
- 7+ years of relevant experience, including customer-facing experience with Federal customers and IT consulting experience with Federal Intelligence Community customers highly desired
- Strong technical knowledge of VMware products: vSphere, Carbon Black, NSX, vRealize Suite, vRA, vRO, vCenter, and/or vCenter Operations Manager (vROPS)
- VCP6.7-DCV & Cyber security training/certification a strong plus
- Experience with SOC management for modern enterprise infrastructure
- 5+ years of experience in enterprise application security solutions, networking design of complex distributed systems environments, including failover techniques, recovery/rollback, and application partitioning
- Understanding of networking & storage architectures, including peripheral interfaces (SCSI, RAID, Ethernet) and multi-processor designs (SMP)
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills
- Experience in virtualizing enterprise IT and migration from P2V
- Proven ability to guide and mentor new and less senior staff to grow their experiences and skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows, Apple OSx and Linux configuration and management
- Knowledge of software deployment and patch management tools (preferred)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Possess the drive to succeed and to participate in the growth of an exciting, fast-paced company
*** Active TS/SCI, CI or Full Scope Poly Security Clearance
Category : Services and Consulting
Experience: Manager and Professional
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2021-06-01
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law. Job ID: R2108999