Commercial Field Account Manager
Primary Location: Sydney,New South Wales
VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable our more than 500,000 enterprise and mid-market customers to thrive in the Cloud Era. A pioneer in the use of virtualization and automation technologies, VMware simplifies IT complexity across the entire data center to the virtual workplace, empowering customers with solutions in the software-defined data center to hybrid cloud computing and the mobile workspace.
Our team of 20,000+ people working in 50+ locations worldwide is committed to building a community where outstanding people want to work long term by living our values of passion, innovation, execution, teamwork, active learning and giving back. If you are ready to accelerate, innovate and lead, join us as we challenge constraints and problem solve for tomorrow today
As a Commercial Account Manager you will be responsible for developing, qualifying and executing on a sales pipeline. A deal maker, with a transformational business development focus, that has a consistent record of closing business, within a portfolio of specified commercial/government customers.
Using consultative sales skills, the successful salesperson will uncover customer’s IT challenges and strategic business objectives through meeting customer personas, business unit heads through to C level Executives. The CAM articulates this back into VMware, demonstrating the cross functional virtual teams within VMWare and the external Channel community to define and execute on a sales strategy that delivers revenue and business outcomes.
Build sufficient pipeline, with a large prospect focus to uncover greenfield opportunity, in an assigned Territory ensuring the healthy balance of sales stage maturity required to consistently deliver in the current quarter and the longer term.
- Prepare and update quarterly a detailed Territory Plan which outlines the Go to Market plan, Partner engagement model & VMWare product opportunity mix.
- Develop and maintain strategic account plans for the minority subset of accounts the territory manager will be targeting.
- Collaborating with the VMware Channel teams to ensure early engagement and strong alignment and in some cases use as part of a virtual sales team
- Utilise Value Selling sales methodology including VMware sales tools and process, to communicate, report, track and handle sales opportunities.
- Understand the buying process and provide accurate and current forecast and opportunity detail in SalesForce.Com (vmstar).
- As required prepare effective executive call plan briefs when assigned accounts are involved in executive meetings / visits.
- Regular two-way communication and promote team collaboration with internal resources such as technical, marketing, specialists and professional services on the needs and business issues of the customer, the sales strategy and status, acting as the primary driver of business in allocated accounts.
- Min 5 years sales experience in Software Sales, Enterprise Management or Cloud with a minor in Compute, Network & Storage.
- Ability to engage at all levels in commercial and enterprise accounts from practitioner to C-level both within IT and in the business for the purposes of solution selling, establishing peer relationships and articulating VMware strategic vision.
- Experience operating in a Channel driven sales environment.
- Consistent track record of achieving business objectives including revenue goals, in a highly competitive environment, working with commercial and enterprise clients
- Experience selling complex solutions requiring implementation, integration and Professional Services.
- Experience in maintaining relationships and influence within a customer and with external third parties that formulate a customer’s critical thinking and actions
- Strong experience leading a multi-functional team in complex engagements
- Account/Partner Management
- Consistently crafts customer-centric account plans that engage internal teams and the partner community.
- Actively prepares call strategies that support successful customer interactions.
- Business Industry Acumen
- You can articulate the basics of finance, marketing, and operations and uses insights while selling. Maintains an understanding of technology trends, including predominant industry challenges, key players and business process.
- Understands the implications of new trends in technology. Has the ability to translate trends/developments into insights for the customer.
- Understands basic financial metrics important to customers and VMware. Understands customer's financial business model and budget planning processes and makes recommendations based on that understanding
- Effective Communication including Presentation Skills
- Able to independently explain complex topics to technically inclined and non-technically inclined audiences alike. Crafts clear and concise messages that are structured for recipient consumption. Uses a range of questioning techniques, able to redirect conversations to keep them on track.
- Comfortable using some tools (Webex, Whiteboard, Visio, MS Word, IM, email, Zoom, etc.) to communicate with customers.
- Able to conduct presentations to c-suite-level customers as well as engaging with technical leaders. Confirms and clarifies information gained from listening to customers before sharing.
- Influencing & Negotiation
- Relies on facts and past experiences to eliminate customer concern when negotiating. Reviews each stage of the negotiation to identify gaps and next steps to address any opportunities.
- Advances problems to relevant parties within VMware.
- Executive Engagement
- Has basic knowledge of goals and objectives of executives. Conducts basic research to better understand decision makers.
- Cultivates and sustains relationships with non-executives.
- Customer Service
- Handles customer questions and issues well and reacts to reported problems quickly. Generally, takes appropriate actions to resolve problems but may require mentoring when faced with particularly strong objections or barriers.
- Generally, identifies customer problems and passes request to relevant internal parties; Usually follows-up in a timely manner and stays focused
- Solution Selling
- Can tailor approaches to match customer requirements and provides detailed support and information to customer about how products and offerings address their needs
- Develops customer offerings with little mentoring and support, is somewhat familiar with the determination of operational readiness of a customer's technology solution
- Maintains a deep understanding of the prospects most immediate issues and business challenges; Proves adept at considering long-term consequences of those needs and challenges
- Emphasizes team goals over own interests and fosters a positive environment where we want to achieve project deliverables and ensure the success of all team members
- Is seen as a teammate amongst peers, and contributes to the team in terms of ideas, sharing experiences and knowledge.
VMware is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees in personnel actions, which include: recruiting and hiring, selection for training, promotion, rates of pay or other compensation, transfer, discipline, demotion, layoff or termination. VMware does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, family medical history or genetic information, citizenship, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, military status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. VMware also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law. Further, it is the policy of VMware to maintain a working environment free of all forms of harassment.
Category : Sales
Subcategory: Field Sales
Experience: Manager and Professional
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2021-04-13
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law. Job ID: R2104778