Marketing Director, ANZ
Primary Location: Sydney,New South Wales
VMware are seeking a dynamic Marketing Director to build, lead and run the complete Marketing function for Australian and New Zealand, based in Sydney.
The Marketing Director, ANZ is responsible for the development of the regional marketing strategy, including all aspects of the planning, programming and successful operational execution of all programs and campaigns that supports the attainment of annual sales revenue objectives in ANZ.
The individual will work extensively with sales, partners, and regional and global marketing teams to design, execute, measure and optimize demand generation and qualification programs to support pipeline growth in Australia & New Zealand. This position is for a business leader with strong interpersonal and collaboration skills as well as strong business acumen and solid grasp of the marketing techniques that drive pipeline.
This individual will be an expert in B2B software, and/or cloud services demand creation, and have excellent channel experience. He or she must be able to work effectively across many organizations and partner with our regional, corporate and product teams to optimize the creation and delivery of world-class demand gen programs and campaigns for optimal market impact in ANZ.
The product and solutions portfolio is broad and ranges from point products, to comprehensive solutions, from mature established products to emerging offerings.
The role will have a seat on the ANZ Business Leadership team and will be a member of the APJ Field Marketing Leadership team, reporting into the VP of Field Marketing APJ.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
We are looking for someone who wants to develop and transform Marketing activities to optimize & drive pipeline whilst mentoring and leading the marketing team in ANZ.
- Determine the fiscal-year demand strategy, model plans and resource allocations, and design a demand plan to support the sales deployment models and business go-to-market strategies leveraged in ANZ
- Help field marketing managers who specialize in defined demand marketing, account-based marketing, channel marketing or customer marketing design and execute program plans that deliver measurable results supporting current-year sales growth objectives
- Forecast, measure, analyze and report on the impact of demand marketing activities in terms of KPIs aligned to the sales deployment models (e.g. sales pipeline, sales cycle length, net new revenue growth, targeted account engagement and growth, indirect revenue growth, customer retention, customer value and advocacy)
- Present senior management with compelling, results-driven business plans, complete with market assessments, product & service launch plans, partner strategies and competitor analysis
- Work with global demand and pan-geo team leaders and team members on the common campaign framework that reflects the needs and interests of the region’s local market
- Interlock with regional field sales leaders to ensure ongoing agreement on priorities, making adjustments to accommodate changing market conditions and emerging opportunities; attend regular sales deal reviews, pipeline reviews and regional quarterly business reviews
- Work with website resources to ensure content (e.g. messaging, assets, forms) is optimized to deliver a relevant and engaging web experience for target audiences in-region; ensure local websites comply with local data privacy regulations
- Work with marketing, sales and channel operations to define an end-to-end revenue management process and service-level agreements (SLAs) – e.g. for lead definitions, lead capture, lead acceptance/rejection/disqualification reasons, nurture routing – for the local market that align with global and/or regional requirements; provide information on related technology requirements; regularly review and assess these processes and diagnose issues that need to be addressed
- Create and support a culture of segmentation and testing to continuously enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of field marketing programs developed for each sales deployment model
- Evaluate, select and manage vendors that contribute to local field marketing programs – e.g. demand marketing agencies, agencies
- Ensure all field marketing programs comply with local data privacy regulations
- Recruit field marketing managers and support the recruitment process for other regional marketers who support one or more of the relevant sales deployment models
- You will be an integral team member in the VMware marketing leadership team. You will Provide strong feedback and direction on company-wide marketing and product directions, specifically representing the considerations of the ANZ geography
- Use existing extensive network of industry contacts around the region, in brokering and building a portfolio of strategic alliances and partnerships along the business value chain.
- Management of Budget, Planning & Operational Reporting envelope including Development Funds (DF) to key partners and work with them to drive the best ROI possible on their programs
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Ability to work in a fast-paced high-tech, SaaS environment with a proven track record of delivering strong pipeline results through innovative, creative and plans
- Metrics/ROI focused and knows how to measure and communicate contribution to the business
- Dynamic, highly motivated, driven leadership style to build high performance focused teams with the qualifications and attributes to deliver extraordinary results
- Excellent people leader focused on building and fostering team culture that aligns to VMware EPIC2 values including inclusive leadership of teams and organizations
- Strong listening, information gathering and empathy skills for uncovering and defining deliverables, needs and outcomes
- Ability to lead complex & multiple budget models & funding sources with accountability within a matrixed reporting structure
- Experience fostering collaboration and teamwork across cross-functional teams that are not under direct control and ability to gain acceptance from upper management for plans and budgets.
- Strong knowledge of the cloud market
- Strong analytical, operational, process, objection handling and conflict management skills
- Understanding of digital tactics and how to strategically employ them in an overall demand generation approach
- Teammate who collaborates and contributes freely across region, geography, global
- Ability to understand the impact of decisions on other areas of the business
- Have implemented marketing strategies and produced the associated marketing programs & materials with attested results
- 10+ years in a Senior marketing role with at least combined with 5+ years in a leadership role operating at Director level in a software or cloud services organisation
- Proven record of working with sales to meet or exceed annual growth targets – actual sales experience is highly desirable as well
- Experience (in the relevant markets) creating and implementing successful marketing programs that engage new prospects, accounts and customers; leveraging a range of tactics and technologies; and supporting transactional and enterprise business
- Track record of success in all areas of responsibility
- Record of consistently producing results on time and within budget
- Experience marketing, positioning and differentiating similar products and services
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional qualification in marketing or business. MBA in marketing or related area strongly preferred
Category : Marketing
Subcategory: Field Marketing
Experience: Business Leadership
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2021-04-20
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law. Job ID: R2105946