2021 Campus Recruiting - Firmware Engineer
- Taipei, Taiwan
We believe that progress lives at the intersection of technology and humanity, and that our role is to bring innovation to people everywhere to drive progress around the world. Every member of our team plays a critical role in bringing our purpose to life — through our work, passion and commitment to do the absolute best we can for our company, our customers and each other.
What makes a successful Recent Graduate at Dell?
Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
2021 Campus Recruiting - Firmware Engineer
Dell connects people to the right technology and processes to accelerate innovation. Dell believes information is the foundation on which industry will move forward. We are committed to helping the world create information-driven systems. Dell has 20+ years of experience serving the community and helping to solve business and technology challenges.
Dell engineers receive thousands of patents every year for innovations that make our products the best in the marketplace. At Dell you will be asked to design myriad electrical systems including CPU and Memory complexes, embedded systems, voltage regulators, communications, and storage subsystems. Dell is a competitive meritocracy where your enthusiasm, rigor, and innovation will be rewarded.We have an excellent opportunity for an entry level BIOS Engineer in Taipei, Taiwan to provide support to our Senior Engineers in the Enterprise Systems Group which is a part of Dells product group. This area of the business continues to grow and thrive, and we are looking for individual contributors who can assist Dell with meeting deliverable and engineering expectations. You will work with a fast-paced global leader in IT and have the ability to learn from the best and brightest in the industry.
- Support engineering teams on program tasks and deliverable
- Responsible for multiple facets of supporting server prototypes during the development phases
- Responsible for configuring systems or boards for multiple test efforts and setting up test equipment
- Responsible for taking measurements, compiling data and making technical recommendations.
- Responsible for debugging, repairing and updating firmware and code on enterprise server systems
- Responsible for debugging PCBAs to the board level component
- Responsible for performing rework on printed circuit assemblies
- Minimum Bachelors degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering
- Newly graduate or with less than 1 year of working experience.
- Coursework that relates to electromagnetics and circuit theory
- Desirable to have completed internships, co-ops or on campus work related to their field
- Ability with computers and programming a plus
- Must be able to read and understand board schematics, technical data sheets, test plans, etc.
- Good Analytical skills required, ability to work independently
- Good communication skills, as well as strong written skills
Job Family: Engineering Recent-Graduate
Job ID: R068010
Dell Technologies is a unique family of businesses that helps organizations and individuals build their digital future and transform how they work, live and play—providing customers with the industry’s broadest and most innovative technology and services portfolio. We value our customers, winning together, innovation, results and integrity. Grow your career with a highly competitive salary, bonus programs, world-class benefits and unparalleled learning and development opportunities— all at a company that is proud to be diverse and inclusive. Learn more on how we are closing the diversity gap here.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Employment Opportunity Policy here.
Global Sales at Dell
We believe that technology is essential for driving human progress, and we’re committed to providing that technology to people and organizations everywhere so they can transform the way they work and live. Join our sales team and be a part of our story.Learn More About Global Sales
Learn what it's like to work in the Taipei Office.Explore this location
Rewards & Development
It's simple. We believe in rewarding our team members for a job well done, investing in their professional development and filling the majority of our open positions internally.
Health & Wellness
As part of our overall rewards, we offer benefits programs designed to help you maintain a healthy lifestyle. These benefits are based on your location, so please ask your recruiter for more details.
Dell’s Connected Workplace program offers new ways to work and enables eligible team members to choose the style that best fulfills their needs, both in their job and their personal life.
You may be eligible for other programs in your location including employee purchase program, paid time away from work, financial and savings programs and more. Talk to your recruiter for more details on what benefits programs are available in your location.
Our culture is defined by our values and made real every day by how we work and lead. We know our culture is the foundation for all we’ve achieved, and for all the success ahead of us. Don't take it just from us – see what our employees say in our annual "Tell Dell" results.
- 90% My leader cares about my well-being both professionally and personally.
- 93% I am proud that I never have to worry about Dell Technologies showing up in a headline damaging our ethical reputation.
- 90% My job means more to me than just a paycheck and benefits
- 94% I believe flexible work arrangements (e.g., working remote, mobile, telework, etc.) at Dell Technologies contribute positively to our performance as a company.