2021 Product Operations Engineer Summer Intern
- Taipei, Taiwan
We believe that progress lives at the intersection of technology and humanity, and that our role is to bring innovation to people everywhere to drive progress around the world. Every member of our team plays a critical role in bringing our purpose to life — through our work, passion and commitment to do the absolute best we can for our company, our customers and each other.
What makes a successful Intern?
Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
2021 Product Operations Engineer Intern
When Dell Technologies launches new game-changing products into the global market, Product Operations Engineering has a vital role to play. The team coordinates all the operational activities that enable products to be introduced and sustained successfully. It’s about making sure there is consistency between production and test environments. It’s about ensuring hardware, software and networking changes are migrated into the production environment in a stable and controlled way. And it’s about creating build processes, coordinating product builds for release into production and setting up configuration specifications for releases.
Join us as a Product Operations Engineer Intern on our ISGProduct Operations Engineering team in Taipei to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact.
What you’ll achieve
As a Product Operations Engineer Intern you will gain experience in ensuring a stable, controlled migration of hardware, software and networking changes into our industry leading global production environment. Meanwhile, you will represent Worldwide Operations to the cross-functional R&D and key stakeholder teams.
- Create, plan and implement factory strategies for Worldwide Operations to support Dell’s product roadmaps
- Utilizes metrics to improve new production, introduction processes and product quality throughout a program lifecycle
- Ensure Operational Excellence launching the best solution for our customers into production
- Drives quality improvements by risk assessment/mitigation eliminating sources of defects in the design, supplier, new product introduction and manufacturing processes.
- Drives continuous improvement in process, product manufacturability and flexibility, and operations cycle time and quality.
Take the first step towards your dream career
Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Here’s what we are looking for with this role:
- Experience in driving projects, multi-tasking and routine decision-making
- Knowledge of manufacturing process and/or design
- Strong understanding of computer hardware and software
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Fluency in English
- Students who hold active student identity throughout the whole internship program (7/5-8/27)
- Students who are seeking Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or equivalent technical degree fields (expected graduation after August 2021 or in 2022)
Here’s our story; now tell us yours
Dell Technologies helps organizations and individuals build a brighter digital tomorrow. Our company is made up of more than 150,000 people, located in over 180 locations around the world. We’re proud to be a diverse and inclusive team and have an endless passion for our mission to drive human progress.
What’s most important to us is that you are respected, feel like you can be yourself and have the opportunity to do the best work of your life — while still having a life. We offer excellent benefits, bonus programs, flexible work arrangements, a variety of career development opportunities, employee resource groups, and much more.
We started with computers, but we didn’t stop there. We are helping customers move into the future with multi-cloud, AI and machine learning through the most innovative technology and services portfolio for the data era. Join us and become a part of what’s next in technology, starting today.
You can also learn more about us by reading our latest Diversity and Inclusion Report and our plan to make the world a better place by 2030 here.
Application closing date: 31st May 2021
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Employment Opportunity Policy here.Job Family: Engineering Internships Job ID: R075160
Global Sales at Dell
We believe that technology is essential for driving human progress, and we’re committed to providing that technology to people and organizations everywhere so they can transform the way they work and live. Join our sales team and be a part of our story.Learn More About Global Sales
Learn what it's like to work in the Taipei Office.Explore this location
Our culture is defined by our values and made real every day by how we work and lead. We know our culture is the foundation for all we’ve achieved, and for all the success ahead of us. Don't take it just from us – see what our employees say in our annual "Tell Dell" results.
- 90% My leader cares about my well-being both professionally and personally.
- 93% I am proud that I never have to worry about Dell Technologies showing up in a headline damaging our ethical reputation.
- 90% My job means more to me than just a paycheck and benefits
- 94% I believe flexible work arrangements (e.g., working remote, mobile, telework, etc.) at Dell Technologies contribute positively to our performance as a company.