2023 Procurement and Supply Chain Summer Intern
A ground-breaking company making game-changing products needs an exceptional supply chain. Commodity Management within Materials and Procurement develops and implements plans to support forecasted needs for suppliers or commodities. We use our in-depth knowledge of foreign and domestic markets to negotiate supplier agreements and contracts with optimum pricing and terms. We also harness our understanding of commodity qualities, transportation options, risk management and supply chain evaluation models to develop optimal commodity management strategies.
Join us as a Procurement and Supply Chain Summer Intern in our Worldwide Procurement team in Taipei to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact.
What you’ll achieve
As a Procurement and Supply Chain Summer Intern, you will be working with the Strategic Initiatives team, which is a team of in-house strategists working with the business on key strategic projects in supply chain and procurement. You will be responsible for supporting project delivery by performing critical analysis and research that helps in business decision-making.
You will work on 1-2 projects, and the focus could be one of the following
- Working closely with the Strategic Initiatives team members and internal stakeholders on a wide range of critical issues related to supply chain and procurement efficiency
- Developing commodity sourcing strategy using qualitative and quantitative research to help shape Dell Technologies' growth strategy
- Devising continuity of supply strategies for a commodity or product family through rigorous, fact-based analyses, reports, and recommendations
- Calculating the estimated price of a product or service by performing analysis and research across multiple parameters (Should-Cost Modelling)
In this role, you will have the opportunity to learn about Dell Technologies’ latest innovations and drive cutting-edge strategies for one of the industry’s largest technology companies. You will also be working with talents from various backgrounds including management consultants, research analysts, engineers, and supply chain experts.
Take the first step towards your dream career
Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Here’s what we are looking for with this role:
- Willingness and desire to learn and contribute is the main expectation from the candidate
- Strong analytical skills to conduct relevant analyses and inclination to perform thorough research on specific topics to help in making data-driven and fact-based decisions
- Interpersonal skills to engage with stakeholders to receive inputs and to influence them with recommendations and insights
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Students who hold student identity throughout the whole internship program (2023/6/26~2023/8/18) , and enrolled in Bachelor program in a business related (International Business, Supply Chain, Business Administration/Management, Finance, Accounting, etc.) field
- Proficiency in MS Excel and/or any programming language
Here’s our story; now tell us yours
Dell Technologies helps organizations and individuals build a brighter digital tomorrow. Our company is made up of more than 150,000 people, located in over 180 locations around the world. We’re proud to be a diverse and inclusive team and have an endless passion for our mission to drive human progress.
What’s most important to us is that you are respected, feel like you can be yourself and have the opportunity to do the best work of your life — while still having a life. We offer excellent benefits, bonus programs, flexible work arrangements, a variety of career development opportunities, employee resource groups, and much more.
We started with computers, but we didn’t stop there. We are helping customers move into the future with multi-cloud, AI and machine learning through the most innovative technology and services portfolio for the data era. Join us and become a part of what’s next in technology, starting today.
You can also learn more about us by reading our latest Diversity and Inclusion Report and our plan to make the world a better place by 2030 here.
Application closing date: 12 May 2023
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Employment Opportunity Policy here.