2023Product Security Engineer Summer Intern
Help us architect, develop and build next generation security technologies in our products, implement industry leading security development controls and processes, ensure the security of our engineering operations, work hands on in hardening our products and develop innovative solutions to today and tomorrow’s security challenges.
Join us as a Product Security Engineer Summer Intern on our Infrastructure Solutions Group (ISG) Hardware Cyber Security Engineering team in Taipei to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact.
What you’ll achieve
As a Product Security Engineer Summer Intern, you will work with the technical leaders within the ISG Hardware Engineering division to guide and drive the execution of enterprise-wide Security philosophy in product development for use across a broad spectrum of product engineering organizations. You will also engage with Hardware and Firmware engineering teams as a security engineering practitioner and advisor to define program objectives with regards to security focused practices. Furthermore, you will work with various stakeholders to define the manner in which security design will be executed during all components of the program factoring in threat analysis, federal compliance guidelines, company-wide security policies and product groups security requirements.
- Develop Security-focused requirements, System, Hardware, and Firmware specifications as well as establish Security-focused supply base and manufacturing development requirements
- Define program roadmap, status, development issues and success metrics with regards to implementation of security on each project
- Engage with stakeholders to provide security expertise and to ensure execution of the Secure Development Lifecycle (SDL); meanwhile, drive consistency, standardization, improvements of SDL processes
- Provide Vulnerability Response (PSE) impact analysis and mitigation of PSE’s product portfolio
- Ensure completion of all specific deliverables and tactical initiatives required to support programs; identify, escalate, and ensure resolution of issues impacting successful execution of programs
Take the first step towards your dream career
Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Here’s what we are looking for with this role:
- Students who hold active student identity throughout the whole internship program (2023/6/26-2023/8/18) and have enrolled in Bachelor or Master program in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or a related field
- Ability to discuss both Hardware and Firmware technical issues in-depth
- Strong analytical, process management, problem-solving and reporting skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with very results-driven and accountability-minded
- Experience in exploiting vulnerabilities; coursework and project work in certificate and signature generation and verification.
- Knowledge of Python is a plus
Here’s our story; now tell us yours
Dell Technologies helps organizations and individuals build a brighter digital tomorrow. Our company is made up of more than 150,000 people, located in over 180 locations around the world. We’re proud to be a diverse and inclusive team and have an endless passion for our mission to drive human progress.
What’s most important to us is that you are respected, feel like you can be yourself and have the opportunity to do the best work of your life — while still having a life. We offer excellent benefits, bonus programs, flexible work arrangements, a variety of career development opportunities, employee resource groups, and much more.
We started with computers, but we didn’t stop there. We are helping customers move into the future with multi-cloud, AI and machine learning through the most innovative technology and services portfolio for the data era. Join us and become a part of what’s next in technology, starting today.
You can also learn more about us by reading our latest Diversity and Inclusion Report and our plan to make the world a better place by 2030 here.
Application closing date: 12 May 2023
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Employment Opportunity Policy here.