Camera Principal EngineerTaipei, Taiwan 08/14/2019
Why Work at Dell?
Endless challenges and rewards. Opportunities on six continents. A team of colleagues fueled by collaboration. All this, and a company deeply committed to integrity and responsibility.
The camera principle engineer must have subject matter expert experience and knowledge in Camera solutions for use in Dell Commercial and Consumer mobile products. He/she will work with Dell ODM Partners with a focus on current and next generation Camera and form factors. He/she will work proactively with other cross-functional engineering groups such as advanced engineering, electrical engineering, and mechanical engineering, to enable our Camera supplier partners to provide innovative cost effective Camera solutions for Dell products.
- Supplier / ODM enablement and advance engineering initiatives:
- Enable ODM Camera engineering capability.
- Driving the resource of Camera engineering in ODM.
- Provide first to market opportunities to Engineering, Marketing, and procurement.
- Provide Camera technology leadership and guidance to ODMs and technology providers (TP s) on complicated problems.
- Support RFQ activities:
- Define / Review / Revise Camera specification s and related test documents.
- Provide the technology recommendation and solution in planning stage.
- Join w/ global Camera core team for Camera sourcing recommendation.
- Camera suppliers Management:
- Standardization of global Camera suppliers’ specification to mitigate the effort for Dell.
- Supply chain engagement to facilitate the First to Market opportunities for Dell.
- New Camera supplier selection and enablement.
- Provide critical issue solving support as needed to platform development team
- Consultant to internal Dell cross function support for Camera issue solving.
- Own Camera change management control for sustaining
- Work with technology providers, suppliers, and ODMs to enhance technical and resource capability to support demands of Dell future product strategy and roadmap.
- Guide ODM and technology providers to innovate in technology solutions that offer enhanced and or new features and services to Dell
- Engage with advanced platform engineering teams and represent Camera engineering at various technology forums.
- Participate in supplier business and roadmap reviews
- Own the implementation of post mortem action plans with suppliers and ODMs.
- Manage and drive closure of customer/sustaining issues.
- Product/commodity value analysis and value engineering for cost down opportunity.
- Provide supports to Quality, Service, and other support teams for Camera related issues and questions.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Excellent Camera technical skills (ex. Optical, EE and ME, etc) and strong ability to provide leadership and guidance.
- Knowledge in Camera technologies
- Expert knowledge in Optical, EE and ME related Camera designs.
- Must be able to interact closely with cross functional global engineering teams and ODM partners.
- Strong ability to work with technology providers and develop new and foster existing relationships.
- Strong program management skills with excellent priority setting skills and strong initiative and ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to communicate clearly through oral and written communications across global organizations. Ability to multi-task in a dynamic environment, present clear and concise information to team s and customers.
- Ability to lead extended teams and meet deadlines.
- Teamwork player.
QUALIFICATION (EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE):
As a senior level individual contributor, the successful candidate will possess a high degree of technical competence and expertise in Camera products, especially in the area of design, functionality, integration and technical specifications.
- Bachelors EE Degree with 5+ years in Camera related experience.
- Fluent in English communications.
- Excellent knowledge about Camera designs, production, quality, and industry status.
- Excellent engineering leadership skills and ability to work across global organizations.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Solid background in development processes, product test and auditing/reviewing of process capability.
Job Family: Engineering Job ID: R029362
Related Job Opportunities
- Services Parts Senior Principal Engineer Taipei, Taiwan
- Systems Engineer Taipei, Taiwan
- Firmware Senior Engineer Taipei, Taiwan