Client Program Management Device / Key Commodity Consultant, Tech Program ManagementTaipei, Taiwan 06/10/2019
Client Program Management Team, Technical Program Management Consultant in Device / Key Commodity - Focus on Device / Key Commodity product development and end-to-end business operation
The Device Program Management operation is growing, and we need a motivated and adaptable individual to support our leadership team as Chief of Device Operation. As Device / Key Commodity Program Management Consultant, the successful candidate will ensure streamlined activities within the organization based on the business priorities, and drive execution of key programs across multiple organizations, to ensure the long-term success of the Device business
The right candidate for the job will be responsible for leading the worldwide cross-functional core team management and execution of one or more devices in below throughout the product/solution lifecycle
- LCD / Touch: NB and AIO
- Graphics: Add-on / Discrete Graphics
- I/O: Camera / Audio / Keyboard / Touchpad / Finger Print Reader
- Power: Adapter / Battery / Power Supply Unit
- Storage: SSD / HDD / eMMC
- Wireless: WWAN / WLAN / WiGig / NFC
- Lead program management in charge of Offer LifeCycle Management Process (OLP) - Dell's product development process to concept, define, plan, develop and launch device solutions / offers to our customers with program management of the product features, customer experience, quality, schedule, cost, continuity of supply, service capability and business/financials. Assisting in the integration of complex business factors to develop and implement long-term strategic market segment objectives is required - For device technology in incubation, the Program Manager tracks product ideate and incubation readiness with Frontend cross-functional teams to assess & drive the maturity of an incubated AoD (Area of Differentiation) or technology transition
- For new device technologies, the Program Manager leads device incubation program with frontend core team functions to study the technology readiness and feasibility, per the guidance of Incubation Readiness Level (IRL) process
- For devices in development, the Program Manager leads product development core team through product concept, definition/requirements, planning, development, and launch.
- For devices in mass production, the Program Manager leads sustaining core team to manage feature enhancements, quality, continuity of supply, and cost reduction etc.
- Lead product management in charge of core team facilitation and execution of product roadmap - With Worldwide cross-functional core teams, including marketing, engineering, quality, procurement, services and manufacturing operation etc, for multiple high visibility programs and initiatives with various complexity in nature technology, operationally and organizationally, kick off programs, establish and track program plan & status, and facilitate business meetings
- Drive alignment and interact with key stakeholders for successful product launches- strategic collaboration with hardware and software organizations, to communicate organizational information, strategies, capabilities etc. to aide business acquisition and development activities
- Coach, mentor, and enhance skills of core team members and peers- Oversee core team efficiency and talent / performance management to deliver quality implementations in line with established Dell Standards
- Oversee one/more Device portfolios and also stay on top of key status & activities of development & sustaining to coach & enable core team members and peers
- Identify and lead initiatives, and create frameworks for operation efficiency improvements - Expert in OLP process / Change management governance / Post mortem and Lessons Learned / RAPID decision matrix.
- Alignment of support tools capabilities, and adhere to all applicable policies within the organization including appropriate use of approved tools and methodologies.
- Perform program post mortem/LL reviews and ensures core team members communicate the findings to the appropriate departments.
- Own the successful completion of program self-assessment and the necessary actions for compliance to ISO9000 certification
- Single point of contact for one/more Device portfolios - program issues / status, program POR (Plan of Record) / decision / recommendation, and program performance- Understand the business factors associated with the programs and establish clear objectives and deliverables that support platform LOB's (Line of Business) businesses. Contributes to business results through quality of results, advice and decisions.
- Influences a broad spectrum of stakeholders toward achieving business goals. Drive the creation, review and approval of the Program Plan, own the core team commitments.
- Schedule and run all phase reviews and program reviews. Track progress, manage change requests, report status and make necessary corrections to achieve all bounding box goals.
- Manage major risks and issues through effective contingency plans and proper escalation.
- Drive decisions and cross functional alignment within the core team to deliver programs per POR commitments (On time, on scope, on budget, on quality)
- Proactively communicate in all directions as needed, provide early warning up to management, down to teams and peers
- Analyze and report actual performance vs. program goals.
- Manage product complexity, workmap, and resources requirement to ensure the appropriate resource teams are assigning qualified resources to properly prioritized programs
Experience, Skills and Competencies Preferred
- Masters or Undergraduate degree, with at least 12 years of relevant experience in a professional role- Minimum of 5 years acting as program / project manager, and/or technical product development management
- Previous experience in Device/Key Commodity industry is a strong plus
- PMP certification desirable
- Excellent understanding of business goals and objectives as they relate to customer use cases and solutions
- Excellent leadership and influencing skills to influence key stakeholders / functional owners and build consensus
- Strong cross-functional team management, strong interpersonal skills and adaptive communication style, with strong verbal & written communication skills
- Excels in understanding competitors and their products as well as potential partner relationships for the product along with Business Development
- Ability to view situations objectively from different perspectives
- Ability to frame situations and make/drive decisions
- Ability to resolve Complex problems, drive for results, innovate, think and lead strategically
- Able to work effectively in fast paced environment, balancing shifting priorities and manage in a matrix environment
Related Job Opportunities
- Sr Principal Product Development Manager Taipei, Taiwan
- Electrical Senior Principal Engineer Taipei, Taiwan
- Graphics Principal Engineer Taipei, Taiwan