Electrical Sr. Principal EngineerTaipei, Taiwan 05/10/2019
Electrical Sr. Principal Engineer
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Electrical Sr. Principal Engineer on our NB product development team in TDC.
Our Electrical Engineering team puts the spark into the full hardware development lifecycle, from concept to production. It takes experts in system architecture definition, design, analysis, prototyping, sourcing & the debugging and validation of layouts or routes to deliver state-of-the-art products for a changing world. We work closely with designers, cross-functional teams within Dell and suppliers to make sure electronic designs meet a range of requirements, including schedule, feature set, functionality and quality, as well as industry standards.
- Lead Engineer for projects through various stages of Product Development.
- Engage with customers and suppliers on n, requirement, and product introduction / support.
- Form collaborations with ecosystem partners, drive new products / features.
- Lead / support internal product dev., qualification and testing efforts.
- Help formulate vendor selection, management and procurement strategy.
- Provides technical direction and leadership on technology issues. Performs technical risk assessments and ensures appropriate risk mitigation efforts are undertaken.
- Understanding feature requirements and participating and/or leading technical reviews of new platform requirements documents, designs and test plans.
- Working with internal and external design teams, testing new platforms and providing feedback on new product introduction.
- Tasks include performance feasibility analysis, developing hardware architecture, detailed hardware design reviews.
- Candidate must be able to carry design through concept and architectural reviews to final qualification and release to manufacturing and responsible for Hardware Products Sustaining
- BSEE/MSEE with 10+ years of experience in Intel/AMD HW Product Development
- Advanced proficiency in reading and understanding specifications, data sheets and other technical documents.
- Advanced ability to write and analyze requirements, functional specifications, design specifications, tech plans and documentation.
- Advanced proficiency with electrical simulation tools; understanding of the different tools available for simulation.
- Advanced knowledge of analog and digital circuit theory and principles.
- Advanced understanding of appropriate technologies, vendor products and competitor's offerings.
- Advanced ability to identify potential product weakness, and be able to provide design guidance and recommendations for improvements to subsequent redesigns.
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to solve problem, lead team and drive for results.
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you can spark the delivery of state-of-the-art products, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.
Job Family: Engineering Job ID: R67098
Related Job Opportunities
- Electrical Senior Principal System Development Engineer (Networking) Taipei, Taiwan
- Platform Software Senior Principal Engineer Taipei, Taiwan
- Industrial Design Principal Engineer Taipei, Taiwan