Embedded Controller Sr. Principal Engineer
Primary Location: Taiwan
Firmware Sr. Principal Engineer-Embedded Controller
State-of-the-art products demand state-of-the-art firmware, and that’s the role of our Firmware Engineering team. We lead and deliver the analysis, design, programming, debugging, troubleshooting or modification of software for firmware applications. Our team oversees programming activities involving analog and digital hardware as well as software operating systems. We also influence product development at all stages. In short, we use the latest technology to modify existing solutions, in addition to developing innovative new software and firmware solutions
Join us to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact as a Firmware Sr. Principal Engineer-Embedded Controller on our Firmware Engineering team in Taipei.
What you’ll achieve
Design and implement firmware on embedded controller (MIPS/ARC/ARM core) processors in both a single threaded/interrupt driven codebase, as well as in an Real-time operating system (RTOS) environment. Implement solutions using C programming/assembly and conduct design/code reviews.
- Use logic analyzers, scopes, debuggers/ITPS and other hardware tools to develop and debug system firmware.
- Responsible for all aspects of the software development life cycle, using specifications to assist in design documentation, code development, debugging and validation.
- Cooperate with system, firmware and software architects on feature definitions, requirements, and behavior specifications.
- Work with both internal groups and external partners, vendors and ODMs to define interface specifications.
- Communicate, and coordinate activities both locally and across multi-regional sites
Take the first step towards your dream career
Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Here’s what we are looking for with this role:
- Bachelor in Electronic Engineering/ Computer engineering/computer science or related degree plus 10+ years of current embedded software development experience.
- Experience developing firmware for PC architecture.
- C programming, Assembly experience, Compilers, assemblers, debuggers.
- Ability to analyze electrical schematic diagrams, as well as to use ITPs, scopes, and logic analyzers.
- Familiar with latest technology trends (wireless charging, type-C) and various Hardware bus interface (SMBUS, LPC, I2C, PS2, etc)
- Experience with the Security Development Lifecycle (SDL), including threat modeling and penetration testing.
- UEFI BIOS development experience
- Experience with Git and the Atlassian suite of tools (Jira and Confluence)
Here’s our story; now tell us yours
Dell Technologies helps organizations and individuals build a brighter digital tomorrow. Our company is made up of more than 150,000 people, located in over 180 locations around the world. We’re proud to be a diverse and inclusive team and have an endless passion for our mission to drive human progress.
What’s most important to us is that you are respected, feel like you can be yourself and have the opportunity to do the best work of your life -- while still having a life. We offer excellent benefits, bonus programs, flexible work arrangements, a variety of career development opportunities, employee resource groups, and much more.
We started with computers, but we didn’t stop there. We are helping customers move into the future with multi-cloud, AI and machine learning through the most innovative technology and services portfolio for the data era. Join us and become a part of what’s next in technology, starting today.
You can also learn more about us by reading our latest Diversity and Inclusion Report and our plan to make the world a better place by 2030 here.
Application closing date: 31 March, 2021
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Employment Opportunity Policy here.Job ID: R080692