Global Commodity Senior AdvisorTaipei, Taiwan 05/03/2019
- Develop commodity sourcing strategy and execute to best deliver to cost, supply, and innovation targets.
- Develop commodity roadmap aligning business requirements with supplier capabilities.
- Identifies suppliers that provide relevant technology for products. Identifies cost targets for relevant roadmap products.
- Manage overall supplier relationships and performance in technology alignment, cost, quality/delivery, and implement supply chain improvements.
- Drive quarterly supplier business reviews that defines, among other things, market and business analysis, product roadmaps, supplier capabilities and annual / quarterly strategic business objectives.
- Deliver periodic executive business review of commodity sourcing strategy, considering the industry landscape, supplier capabilities, scale and performance, product and technical roadmaps and strategic business objectives.
- Executes risk mitigation, business continuity, cost management, and operation strategies.
- Estimate product cost and optimization in design develop phase as appropriate.
- Negotiate commodity cost based on market dynamics and financial commitments to key internal stakeholders.
- Identifies and implements opportunities for cost savings optimization.
- Ensure a competitive sourcing environment leading to continuous improvement in quality, cost, service and technology
- Maintain a high level of industry expertise/knowledge of market trends including rigorous analysis of market drivers, cost structures, technical improvements and competitive landscape
- Work closely with engineering teams to support product development efforts, to influence sourcing decisions, meet customer expectations, technical capabilities, and program objectives.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Engineering, related science field or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of relevant experience managing commodities.
- Experience managing and negotiating agreements.
- MBA or master’s degree in Business, Supply Chain, Electrical Engineering, or relevant field.
- 8 years of experience w either in a sourcing, quality management, manufacturing, or engineering role.
- Understanding of commodity supply base and technologies for computing products.
- Excellent analytical, quantitative, problem-solving, creativity, strategic, and interpersonal skills.
Related Job Opportunities
- Consultant, Global Commodity Manager Taipei, Taiwan
- Senior Advisor, Global Commodity Management Taipei, Taiwan
- Global Commodity Management Sr. Advisor (Server) Taipei, Taiwan