LCD Touch Principal EngineerTaipei, Taiwan 05/16/2019
The LCD Touch Principle engineer must have subject matter expert experience and knowledge in Tablet, notebook, and or AIO display and touch screen panel (TSP) IC solutions for use in Dell Commercial and Consumer mobile products. He/she will work with Dell preferred Touch integrators and touch suppliers with a focus on current and next generation integrated touch products .. He/she will work proactively with other cross-functional engineering groups such as advanced engineering, electrical engineering, and mechanical engineering, to enable our Touch Integrators & LCD supplier’s partners to provide innovative cost effective Panel & Touch solutions for Dell products.
- Supplier / ODM enablement and advance engineering initiatives.
- Enable ODM LCD / Touch engineering capability.
- Driving the resource of LCD / Touch engineering in ODM.
- Provide first to market Touch opportunities to Engineering, Marketing, and procurement.
- Provide LCD Touch technology leadership and guidance to ODMs and technology providers (TP’s) on complicated problems.
- Support RFQ activities.
- Define / Review / Revise LCD & Touch panel specifications and related test documents.
- Provide the technology recommendation and solution in planning stage.
- Join w/ global LCD core team for LCD & Touch Panel sourcing recommendation.
- LCD/ Touch suppliers Management
- Standardization of global LCD / Touch suppliers’ specification to mitigate the effort for Dell.
- Drive improved design specifications and review for integrated touch solutions
- Supply chain engagement to facilitate the First to Market opportunities for Dell.
- New Touch supplier selection and enablement.
- Provide critical issue solving support as needed to platform development team
- Consultant to internal Dell cross function support for LCD issue solving.
- Own LCD / Touch change management control for sustaining
- Work with technology providers, suppliers, and ODMs to enhance technical and resource capability to support demands of Dell future product strategy and roadmap.
- Guide ODM and technology providers to innovate in technology solutions that offer enhanced and or new features and services to Dell
- Engage with advanced platform engineering teams and represent notebook display/TSP engineering at various technology forums.
- Participate in supplier business and roadmap reviews
- Own the implementation of post mortem action plans with suppliers and ODM’s.
- Manage and drive closure of customer/sustaining issues.
- Product/commodity value analysis and value engineering for cost down opportunity.
- Provide supports to Quality, Service, and other support teams for display/ Touch panel related issues and questions.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Excellent display technical skills (ex. optics, ME, EE, etc…) and strong ability to provide leadership and guidance.
- Knowledge in LCD Panel technologies (A-Si, Oxide, LTPS, OLED)
- Expert knowledge in both EE and ME related panel LCM designs.
- Expert Knowledge in VESA panel standards and familiar with USI Pen & Touch Standards development
- Expert knowledge in various touch technologies (OGS, ITO, In-cell Touch, etc…)
- Preferred knowledge in glass and film related technologies for support in Touch solutions.
- Must also be knowledgeable in both Direct Bonding and Air Gap Bonding processes.
- Must be able to interact closely with cross functional global engineering teams and ODM partners.
- Strong ability to work with technology providers and develop new and foster existing relationships.
- Strong program management skills with excellent priority setting skills and strong initiative and ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to communicate clearly through oral and written communications across global organizations. Ability to multi-task in a dynamic environment, present clear and concise information to teams and customers.
- Ability to lead extended teams and meet deadlines.
- Teamwork player.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
As a senior level individual contributor, the successful candidate will possess a high degree of technical competence and expertise in notebook display/TSP products, especially in the area of design, functionality, integration and technical specifications.
- Bachelor’s EE Degree with 10+ years in integrated Touch related experience specifically Touch IC design
- Fluent in English communications.
- Excellent knowledge about LCD LCM and Touch panel designs, production, quality, and industry status.
- Excellent engineering leadership skills and ability to work across global organizations.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Solid background in development processes, product test and auditing/reviewing of process capability.
Related Job Opportunities
- Electrical Senior Principal System Development Engineer (Networking) Taipei, Taiwan
- Platform Software Senior Principal Engineer Taipei, Taiwan
- Industrial Design Principal Engineer Taipei, Taiwan