Principal Supplier Process Engineer
Primary Location: Shanghai, China
Shenzhen, China; Singapore, Singapore; Taipei, Taiwan
Principle Supplier Process Engineer
When you're creating technology that drives human progress, everything needs to be spot on. Our Supplier Process Engineering team works with our suppliers to enable them to produce materials and components of the highest quality. Working closely with our product developers, we select and monitor vendors and suppliers who can meet our high engineering and quality standards. In addition, we perform regular auditing and undertake design and development engineering assignments to develop new products or update existing products. We’re also experts in establishing systems and procedures to enhance overall quality.
Join us to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact as a Principle Supplier Process Engineer on our Global Supplier Quality Engineering (GSQE) team in China or Taiwan.
What you’ll achieve
The GSQE will work with US-based SQE Management on all SSD (Solid Slate Drive) -related supplier quality issues. Works on complex problems where of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of multiple factors. Exercises broadly defined practices and policies in the selection of methods, techniques and evaluation criteria to ensure battery quality. Responsible for executing to defined and agreed upon plans and strategies in the supply chain that have high impact to overall business activities.
- Monitor supplier performance both onsite and remotely while providing reports to Dell’s GSQE Management Team on performance of suppliers against key quality metrics and initiatives.
- Validate supplier deliverables toward product phase gate qualification of new products as justification for phase exit approval.
- Guide quality system and process audits and provide recommendations to Dell Procurement and Battery Core Teams for supplier selection.
- Ensure supplier’s compliance to new product introduction schedules culminating in predictable manufacturing ramp times to mass production volume.
- Continuously evaluate supplier's overall quality performance. Update Dell internal teams on all issues affecting supplier performance and its impact to Dell’s business strategy.
- Drive supplier compliance to all Dell-defined quality metrics.
Take the first step towards your dream career
Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Here’s what we are looking for with this role:
- Knowledge of SSD manufacturing processes, backend test, and customer usage. Including SSD assembly process, mechanics, and electrical components.
- Advanced quality system and auditor experience a plus
- Communicate effectively with extended team, suppliers, Senior Managers and Directors with strong project management skills
- Positive and able to guide and drive key quality improvement initiatives
- Strong command skills to drive the implementation and execution of quality management plans and continuous improvement plans
- Knowledge of statistical quality tools to drive and assist suppliers in their improvement
- BPI or Six Sigma knowledge; Green Belt or Black Belt certified is plus and CQA, CQE or CQM of ASQ is plus.
Here’s our story; now tell us yours
Dell Technologies helps organizations and individuals build a brighter digital tomorrow. Our company is made up of more than 150,000 people, located in over 180 locations around the world. We’re proud to be a diverse and inclusive team and have an endless passion for our mission to drive human progress.
What’s most important to us is that you are respected, feel like you can be yourself and have the opportunity to do the best work of your life -- while still having a life. We offer excellent benefits, bonus programs, flexible work arrangements, a variety of career development opportunities, employee resource groups, and much more.
We started with computers, but we didn’t stop there. We are helping customers move into the future with multi-cloud, AI and machine learning through the most innovative technology and services portfolio for the data era. Join us and become a part of what’s next in technology, starting today.
You can also learn more about us by reading our latest Diversity and Inclusion Report and our plan to make the world a better place by 2030 here.
Application closing date: 30 July 2021
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Equal Employment Opportunity Policy here.
Job ID: R092082