Product Development Management Sr. Principal EngineerTaipei, Taiwan 05/29/2019
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Sr. Principal Product Development Manager on our Product Development Management team in Taipei, Taiwan.
Product Development Management is a fast-paced environment where innovative thinking is prized. Our team focuses on the delivery of products or computer-based systems for external customers. We lead and deliver the entire lifecycle from product definition and planning through to production and release. We also oversee modifications, upgrades and maintenance of the product or product line. And to make the whole process run smoothly and seamlessly, we’re experts in project management, from initiation through to delivery, and liaise with other departments on technical matters.
- Responsible for managing the technology lifecycle of new products, features or enhancements from conceptualization, requirements gathering, product specification, implementation review and release.
- Evaluates technical options and represents business requirements to the engineering organization through responses to the market requirement documents and detailed functional specifications.
- Acts as primary point of contact and coordinates Development and Test resources to successfully release new products on time and within budget.
- Provides daily direction and tasking of a team of system engineers.
- Responsible for the Engineering interface to the Core Team, interacting with Marketing, Finance, Services, Quality, Factory Operations, Procurement, and Program Management to produce the product/program/project.
- Leads the communication with all appropriate extended teams and ensures they are informed and in agreement with all activities needed for the product/program/project/solution to succeed.
- Participates in discussions around offer evolution and development.Responsible for the leadership and management of project execution.
- Leads process improvement initiatives in addition to managing day to day project execution.
- Consolidates all of the engineering SOWs for RFQ.
- Provides the engineering response to the MRD by interlocking with all of the affected engineering teams.
- Develops the engineering schedule in coordination with the engineering extended teams and Core Team.
- Develops the prototype build plan in coordination with the engineering extended teams.
- Determines and manages the engineering budget.
- Drives cross functional engineering solutions and algorithms.
- Coordinates the engineering extended teams to develop the product(s) on schedule with excellent quality and low cost.
- Design in spec and fulfill customer experience
- Coordinates the build and allocation of prototype systems.
- Drives the initial triage, debug, and resolution of engineering defects.
- Supports the factory during engineering build and pilot.
- Works directly with the core team members: program manager, marketing, service, sales, operations, quality, and finance to bring the product(s) to market.
- Drives engineering solutions to field quality issues.
- Supports Services and IPS with customer issues.
- Coordinates validation of new components for production products.
- Supports and responds to requests for production product enhancements.
- 10+ years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and work experience, 8+ years of leadership experience
- Advanced technology/engineering skills relating to design, resolving, test and quality
- Strong understanding of business goals and objectives as they relate to customer use cases and solutions
- Cross-Functional skill, Communication skills, Presentation skills
- Ability to influence others to achieve results
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you can engineer the most innovative solutions for our customers, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.
Job Family: Engineering Job ID: R65891
Related Job Opportunities
- Electrical Senior Principal System Development Engineer (Networking) Taipei, Taiwan
- Platform Software Senior Principal Engineer Taipei, Taiwan
- Industrial Design Principal Engineer Taipei, Taiwan