Senior Advisor Engineering Project Management_Server ProductTaipei, Taiwan 05/14/2019
The responsibilities for Platform PjM include the management, administration, and tracking of Server platform projects.
- The duties will include creating and driving product development schedules, tracking issues, identifying risks, mitigating risks, resolving problems and communicating status reports. Interlock and drive implementation for projects across all Global Development Teams.
- Establish appropriate methods through project planning, analysis, and implementation to achieve effective solutions and to meet objectives and priorities.
- Platform PjM creates and maintains project BOM, conducts and participates BOM reviews to ensure accuracy and that BOM structure meets the needs of all affected functions and regions.
- Also work with external suppliers/ODMs to obtain all project deliverables.
- Ability to drive consensus with remote teams is critical. Plan and manage validation material allocation, readiness and budget spending.
- In addition, Platform PjM will recommend changes for improvement in company processes and assign tasks to project team.
- Platform PjM will monitor team activities and work on problems where facts may be conflicting and problems may take extensive investigation to define.
- Typically responsible for module/s of a project or for small to medium project/s
- Impact is within a significant scope project or part of a function or process
- Identifies areas of risk/opportunities and influences and implements continuous improvements
- Maintains awareness of trends, business conditions and internal process and practices impacting project/program(s)
- Provides over-arching results, recommendations, and documentation
- Develops recommendations and implements solutions to project/program challenges
- May facilitate partner alignment and maintain partner relationships
- Manages projects, or specific activities related to projects within given constraints of scope, schedule, budget, and quality through the duration of the project
- Allocates work among team members and provides guidance on a regular basis
- Conducts periodic reviews to ensure project is on track and conducts post-project reviews
- Ensures all project documentation is kept up to date and communicated to the relevant stakeholders on a timely basis
- Utilizes relevant project management tools, systems, and applications
- Defines supporting and/or driving process improvements
- 15+ years Server Development Project Management Experience
- Priority setting skills
- Strong initiative and ability to work in a self-directed environment
- Extensive knowledge of the Engineering Development Process
- Good technical understanding of server products
- Strong ability to work with suppliers
- Demonstrate attentiveness to quality and productivity
- Ability to present clear and concise information to team, internal customers, and external customers.
- Fluent in English, both speaking & writing
- Ability to lead extended teams and meet deadlines
- Ability to multi-task in a dynamic environment.
- Ability to manage daily workflow as required to meet departmental and customer requirements.
Related Job Opportunities
- Electrical Senior Principal System Development Engineer (Networking) Taipei, Taiwan
- Platform Software Senior Principal Engineer Taipei, Taiwan
- Industrial Design Principal Engineer Taipei, Taiwan