Senior Principal Systems Development EngineerTaipei, Taiwan 05/20/2019
Senior Principal Systems Development Engineer
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Senior Principal Systems Development Engineer on our Server team in Taiwan.
Our customers’ system requirements are usually highly complex. Bringing together hardware and software systems design, Systems Development Engineering operates at the very cutting edge of technology to meet them. We design and develop electronic and electro-mechanical or systems-orientated products, conduct feasibility studies on engineering proposals and prepare installation, operation and maintenance specifications and instructions. We’re proud to deliver programs and products to the highest quality standards, on time and within budget.
- Designs and defines system requirements for server systems, and/or prepares studies and analyzes existing systems.
- Determines system specifications, input/output processes and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility. Coordinates design of subsystems and/or the integration of total systems or multiple functions.
- Ensures the manufacturability, reliability, quality and serviceability of designs.
- Identifies, analyzes and resolves program support deficiencies. Develops and recommends corrective actions.
- Documents results in technical reports, white papers and online web pages.
- Ensures assignments are completed within schedule and cost objectives.
- Responsible for the end-to-end ownership of assigned system(s).
- Coordinates root cause analysis to solve issues including complex issues.
- Interface w/suppliers, mechanical engineering, manufacturing, quality, tooling engineering and other development groups to ensure the successful development and launch of new products.
- Play a key role in development of the prelim BOM, cost targets, development plan. Support other areas in their initial work on project planning documents.
- Typically requires 10+ years of related experience in a professional role with a Bachelor’s degree
- Excellent understanding of system architectures, proven ability to work at the circuit as well as the system level
- Excellent understanding of hardware and firmware interactions, and able to apply this understanding to resolve issues
- Ability to make risk calls, priority decisions, and work through others
- Ability to influence others to achieve results
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you would thrive in a combined hardware and software design function, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.
Job Family: Engineering Job ID: R71821
Related Job Opportunities
- Electrical Senior Principal System Development Engineer (Networking) Taipei, Taiwan
- Platform Software Senior Principal Engineer Taipei, Taiwan
- Industrial Design Principal Engineer Taipei, Taiwan