Server Principal System Development Engineer
Primary Location: Taipei, Taiwan
Principal Systems Development Engineer
Our customers’ system requirements are usually highly complex. Bringing together hardware and software systems design, Systems Development Engineering operates at the very cutting edge of technology to meet them. We design and develop electronic and electro-mechanical or systems-orientated products, conduct feasibility studies on engineering proposals and prepare installation, operation and maintenance specifications and instructions. We’re proud to deliver programs and products to the highest quality standards, on time and within budget.
Join us as a Principal Systems Development Engineer on our Engineering Development team in Taiwan to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact.
What you’ll achieve
As a Principal Systems Development Engineer, you will design, define and implement complex system requirements for customers and prepare studies and analyses of existing systems.
- Designs and defines system requirements for server systems, and/or prepares studies and analyzes existing systems..
- Leading global development team to finalize design implementation through regular communication paths for instance meeting, email or conference call.
- Coordinates design of subsystems/functions to determines system specifications and optimize system with hardware/firmware/software compatibility to meet manufacturability, reliability, quality and serviceability of designs.
- Responsible for the end-to-end ownership of assigned system(s) to deliver high quality product within schedule and cost objectives
- Great communication skill and effective presentations to cooperate with worldwide team from hardware design, review process to system defect management.
Take the first step towards your dream career
Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Here’s what we are looking for with this role:
- Advanced understanding of appropriate system architectures
- Advanced understanding of hardware and software interactions, and able to apply this understanding to resolve issues
- Advanced understanding of appropriate technologies, vendor products and competitor's offerings
- Ability to influence others to achieve results
- Typically requires 8 to 12 years of related experience with a bachelor’s degree or 6+ years with a master’s degree
• Ability to lead, motivate and direct a workgroup
• Capability to influence others to achieve results
Here’s our story; now tell us yours
Dell Technologies helps organizations and individuals build a brighter digital tomorrow. Our company is made up of more than 150,000 people, located in over 180 locations around the world. We’re proud to be a diverse and inclusive team and have an endless passion for our mission to drive human progress.
What’s most important to us is that you are respected, feel like you can be yourself and have the opportunity to do the best work of your life -- while still having a life. We offer excellent benefits, bonus programs, flexible work arrangements, a variety of career development opportunities, employee resource groups, and much more.
We started with computers, but we didn’t stop there. We are helping customers move into the future with multi-cloud, AI and machine learning through the most innovative technology and services portfolio for the data era. Join us and become a part of what’s next in technology, starting today.
You can also learn more about us by reading our latest Diversity and Inclusion Report and our plan to make the world a better place by 2030 here.
Application closing date: 30 September, 2021
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Equal Employment Opportunity Policy here.
Job ID: R112412