Strategic Business Development AdvisorTaipei, Taiwan 03/27/2019
Strategic Business Development Advisor
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Advisor on our Strategic Business Development team in Taipei.
As a Strategic Business Development Advisor, you will be part of a hand-picked internal consulting team with high visibility to Dells executive leadership. You should be comfortable with a fast-paced dynamic environment, be able to clearly and concisely communicate recommendations and conclusions with the support of detailed analysis and sources and may be asked to regularly participate in cross-functional teams in support of initiatives throughout the organization.
A ground-breaking company making game-changing products needs an exceptional supply chain. Commodity Management within Materials and Procurement develops and implements plans to support forecasted needs for suppliers or commodities. We use our in-depth knowledge of foreign and domestic markets to negotiate supplier agreements and contracts with optimum pricing and terms. We also harness our understanding of commodity qualities, transportation options, risk management and supply chain evaluation models to develop optimal commodity management strategies.
- Play an active role in critical projects to improve our global, end-to-end supply chain and own sub work streams
- Collaborate with stakeholders to develop solutions and influence change
- Responsible for driving key strategic initiatives for the organization, working as part of small, focused teams in roles that vary according to the team’s objectives
- Support project managers through participating and synthesizing stakeholder interviews
- Responsible for identifying information sources, gathering and interpreting data, and presenting findings to team members
- Work with top executives across the organization to shape and drive strategic agendas
- 3+ years of work experience (Strategy Consulting, Finance or other relevant experience) with Bachelor above degree
- Flexibility to quickly adapt to new challenges and learn new material
- Problem solving, quantitative analytical, written and verbal skills
- Proven record of leadership in a work setting and/or through extracurricular activities
- Drive for results, self-direction and motivation
- Strong understanding of business strategies and drivers
- Project based consultant role - strategy consulting, finance, banking, IT industry preferred
- Proficiency in using Microsoft tools – PowerPoint, Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Supply Chain or procurement experience
- Familiarity with database languages and big data analysis tools is a plus, but not required
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you can combine polished negotiating skills with strong market knowledge, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.
Job Family: Materials-&-Procurement Job ID: R94341
Related Job Opportunities
- Continuity of Supply - Strategy Analyst Taipei, Taiwan
- Global Commodity Senior Advisor Taipei, Taiwan
- Global Commodity Management Advisor Taipei, Taiwan