Regional Security Manager
Primary Location: Taipei, Taiwan
Remote - Taiwan
Regional Security Manager, Taiwan & Hong Kong
Location - Taiwan
The Dell Security & Resiliency organization manages the security risk across all aspects of Dell’s business. We are currently experiencing incredible growth in order to meet the security needs of the world’s largest technology company. With team members located in over 15 countries, you will have an excellent opportunity to influence the security culture at Dell and further develop your career.
Join us as a Regional Security Manager on our team in Taiwan to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact.
What you’ll achieve
The Regional Security Manager will be responsible for the management of programs and systems to provide protection to the organization, employees, assets and reputation for Taiwan, Hong Kong and Macau. This position requires an individual who has a broad range of skills and knowledge in the security field and will be responsible for the coordination and management of all Dell Technologies Global Security Operation (GSO) processes and programs of the region/Area of responsibility; development, implementation and sustaining of processes at the sites covering service level to ensure the security of the end to end business operations are protected in support of overall Security and Operational objectives; and has an ability to work with cross functional teams to solve problems is key. A good relationship with Law enforcement and Intelligence contacts is essential in order to capture and analyze security compliance reporting about incidents, risk events, assessments, visits, contract adherence and compare trends and identify risk mitigation opportunities.
- Global Security Operation (GSO) program for all facilities and personnel located in this regional area.
- Conducting security risk assessments of facilities and operations within region or otherwise informed by the Regional Security Director. Preparing well documented investigative and security assessment reports.
- Overseeing response, management, and coordination for in country/region crises. Conducting and managing investigations partnering Global investigations and local law enforcement authorities where required.
- Maintaining liaison with and providing professional consultation to the organizational leadership of the region.
- Regional Travel Security Program for pre and post traveler’s assistance and risk awareness preparation.Report incidents of loss and theft and generate executive summaries with recommendations on future risk mitigation strategies.
Take the first step towards your dream career
Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Here’s what we are looking for with this role:
- A team player who can lead, adapt and work independently in their country/region with minimum supervision.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills required in both English and their local language. Understanding of the various cultures in their respective country/region.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to engage a spectrum of audience from corporate leadership, governmental agencies to security officers.
- Strong knowledge of professional security protocols and the ability to identify and evaluate policies, procedures to compliment the business objectives while protecting company personnel and assets.
- Able to identify changing global/regional trends in security, adapt strategies and implement effective and practical solutions to existing/potential issues.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experiences and industry certifications
- Internationally recognized security certification (CPP, CSMP, PSP)
- Process Improvement, Project & Resource Management, Digital Transformation experience and/or certification is a bonus
Here’s our story; now tell us yours
Dell Technologies helps organizations and individuals build a brighter digital tomorrow. Our company is made up of more than 150,000 people, located in over 180 locations around the world. We’re proud to be a diverse and inclusive team and have an endless passion for our mission to drive human progress.
What’s most important to us is that you are respected, feel like you can be yourself and have the opportunity to do the best work of your life -- while still having a life. We offer excellent benefits, bonus programs, flexible work arrangements, a variety of career development opportunities, employee resource groups, and much more.
We started with computers, but we didn’t stop there. We are helping customers move into the future with multi-cloud, AI and machine learning through the most innovative technology and services portfolio for the data era. Join us and become a part of what’s next in technology, starting today.
You can also learn more about us by reading our latest Diversity and Inclusion Report and our plan to make the world a better place by 2030 here.
Application closing date: 31 August, 2021
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Employment Opportunity Policy here.
Job ID: R101832