Global Transformation Principal Program ManagerRemote - Florida, United States, Tampa, Florida, United States 04/01/2019
Dell Technologies enables organizations to modernize, automate and transform their data centers using industry-leading converged infrastructure, servers, storage and data protection technologies. This provides a trusted foundation for businesses to transform IT, through the creation of a hybrid cloud, and transform their business through the creation of cloud-native applications and big data solutions. Dell Technologies services customers across 180 countries – including 98 percent of the Fortune 500 – with the industry’s most comprehensive and innovative portfolio from edge to core to cloud.
The Global Transformation Office (GTO) will manage the overall transformation outcomes on behalf of Dell Technologies and the client, provide a single point of accountability, and leverage the delivery and solution capabilities of the Strategically Aligned Businesses (SAB), while working alongside the Dell Technologies and SAB stakeholders in delivering transformational value.
As a key member of the GTO pursuit team, our Principal Program Managers are responsible for providing pursuit and delivery oversight of large, complex transformational engagements within Dell Technologies strategic accounts.
They will be aligned to a small set of accounts (likely 1-3 in their theater) and work on pursuit and delivery with the other key roles in the organization.
Our Principal Program Managers will be accountable to work across all Strategically Aligned Businesses (SAB’s) inside Dell Technologies, in addition to contributing thought leadership within Program Management, Delivery Governance and Transformational oversight. He/she will build a highly effective relationship with the client, SAB account and delivery teams.
Our Principal Program Managers will drive standards, methods, tools and functional training to all project teams delivering within their transformation initiative.
Responsible for the development of a program implementation plan that articulates the role of Dell Technologies, the various SAB governance roles as well as vendors and client resources, in the delivery of the designed solution within the account. Has a thorough understanding of the business objectives of the customers. Reviews and validates statement of work (SOW). Responsible for reviewing and overseeing goals and milestones within projects to ensure Dell Technologies commitments to customer and customer business objectives are achieved.
Involved in the establishment of program governance, the Principal Program Manager oversees projects in his/her portfolio and leads project managers to ensure projects are delivered on time and within budget and to satisfaction of the customer, Dell Technologies and SAB Account leadership. Provides support, assistance and guidance to project managers as needed.
Oversees Pursuit and Delivery Quality Assurance. Responsible for review of proposals that address high levels of complexity and risk and address current and evolving client requirements. Will actively contribute to the account planning process.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the pursuit phases in the Dell Technology pursuit methodology
- Provide guidance and oversee proposal development from a solution delivery perspective
- Active Program Management
- Single point of Accountability
- Proactively mitigate risk
- Project/Program/SAB/Partner interdependencies
- Management of overall transformation outcomes
- Manage key issue escalation with Delivery and Account teams
- Trusted Advisor
- Ensure program benefits are realized
- Provide guidance and overall program management to the Client and Dell Technologies’ teams
- Responsible for Governance/Steering committee meetings
- Efficient allocation and management of costs, resources and scope across the program
- Effective management and communication of change in scope or direction
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Mastery of Program and Project Delivery methods
- Understanding of Dell Technology transformation solutions and their value added to the customer.
- Successful track record in complex IT services delivery program management (multi-customer, multi-site, multi-project, multi-year).
- Demonstrated mastery of operating in complex, matrix environment; experience in managing regionally distributed groups.
- Demonstrated ability to work comfortably and effectively with multiple levels of management across many cross-functional teams.
- Internal and external thought leadership.
- Previous experience operating in a global environment.
- Self-motivated, hands on approach with an ability to work under pressure and to meet tight deadlines.
- Proactive and collaborative approach to tackling issues and problem solving in a consultative manor
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; strong presentation skills.
- Ability to influence
- Willingness and ability travel globally on short notice sometimes with weekend work necessary.
Typically requires 15+ years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree; or 12+ years with a Master’s degree; or 8+ years with a PhD; or equivalent experience.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.
Job Family: Remote Job ID: R51763