Consultant, Go To Market Enablement Accounting
Primary Location: Remote - Texas, United States
Consultant, Go To Market Enablement Accounting
We are a global, multi-billion-dollar corporation – and Accounting is vital to reflecting our staggering earnings, profits, cash balances and other financial results. To meet this challenge, we implement best practices, provide general financial support, resolve queries, prepare reports and provide statistics. We also design policies and procedures that adhere to audit standards and conform to FASB and SEC guidance, as well as compliance with GAAP and Sarbanes-Oxley section 404.
Dell Technologies has a 35-year history and track record of delivering ground-breaking products, solutions and services to help millions of customers on their modernization and digital transformation journey! We recently unveiled our APEX vision that will enable customers to radically simplify how they consume and deliver IT through on-demand and as-a-Service offerings.
In GTM Enablement Accounting you will be on the frontlines of APEX enablement. You will work hand in hand with key Finance and Business partners to support the transition of ISG and CSG offers to an as-a-Service model that will eventually represent as much as 30% of portfolio sales volume.
What you’ll achieve
As a Consultant in the GTM Enablement Accounting team, you will be responsible for leading projects to enable the smooth operation of the APEX portfolio of offers.
- Partner with ISG and Business Transformation team members to support the release of APEX core capabilities and lead vehicles
- Partner with the Finance Transformation APEX PMO to define and solution Accounting NorthStar for APEX
- Define accounting requirements for new as-a-service offerings including systems configurations and accounting processes
- Engage in all system implementations by defining business requirements, developing use cases, class room pilot participation and performing user acceptance testing.
- Work with IT to understand the back-office impact of new sales tools such as the APEX console and implications to accounting
- Engage with key Accounting partners across Policy, Operations, Revenue, and Statutory teams to define new accounting processes and controls
- Develop and improve business processes to achieve operational excellence
- Regular present product details, solutions & controls to Executive Accounting leadership
Take the first step towards your dream career
Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Here’s what we are looking for with this role:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting (Master’s Degree and/or CPA preferred but not required)
- Prior experience related to general ledger and sub-ledger accounting processes and procedures, including analytics and financial reporting
- Oracle and/or SAP accounting system experience
- MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access, etc.)
- Dell Data warehouse reporting experience preferred
- Understanding and application of Dell’s accounting policies and related control requirements
- Strong communication, organization, analytical, and problem solving skills
- Ability to identify required process changes and create or redesign processes
- Ability to prioritize with strict deadlines
- Ability to lead cross-functional or cross-regional teams
- Results oriented, flexible, enthusiastic, self-motivated and a team player
- Able to work independently and communicate effectively with all levels of management and staff
Here’s our story; now tell us yours
Dell Technologies helps organizations and individuals build a brighter digital tomorrow. Our company is made up of more than 150,000 people, located in over 180 locations around the world. We’re proud to be a diverse and inclusive team and have an endless passion for our mission to drive human progress.
What’s most important to us is that you are respected, feel like you can be yourself and have the opportunity to do the best work of your life -- while still having a life. We offer excellent benefits, bonus programs, flexible work arrangements, a variety of career development opportunities, employee resource groups, and much more.
We started with computers, but we didn’t stop there. We are helping customers move into the future with multi-cloud, AI and machine learning through the most innovative technology and services portfolio for the data era. Join us and become a part of what’s next in technology, starting today.
You can also learn more about us by reading our latest Diversity and Inclusion Report and our plan to make the world a better place by 2030 here.
Application closing date: DD Month YYYY
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Equal Employment Opportunity Policy here.
Job ID: R094932