Director of Advanced Analytics - Secureworks - Columbia, MD; Atlanta, GA; Raleigh, NC; Austin, TX; OR US RemoteDurham, North Carolina, Remote - Georgia, United States;Remote - Maryland, United States (COUNTY - All Other);Remote - North Carolina, United States;Remote - Texas, United States 04/03/2020
Secureworks® (NASDAQ: SCWX) is a technology-driven cybersecurity leader that protects organizations in the digitally connected world. Built on proprietary technologies and world-class threat intelligence, our applications and solutions help prevent, detect, and respond to cyber threats. Red Cloak™ software brings advanced threat analytics to thousands of customers, and the Secureworks Counter Threat Platform™ processes over 300B threat events per day. We understand complex security environments and are passionate about simplifying security with Defense in Concert™ so that security becomes a business enabler. More than 4,000 customers across over 50 countries are protected by Secureworks, benefit from our network effect and are Collectively Smarter. Exponentially Safer.™ www.secureworks.com
We enjoy competitive compensation and benefits packages, and reward and recognize our employees for exceptional results. A constant focus on continued learning and growth keeps our team members engaged and excited about “what’s next.” We offer flexible work options when available, and emphasize the importance of work-life balance. We know that when our people are rewarded, recognized, and rejuvenated, we win as a team.
To learn more about this team's work and one of our newly launched products that you will support, explore https://www.secureworks.com/products/red-cloak-tdr
We are looking for a software data engineering technical director with deep knowledge of distributed systems and experience developing complex analytics on big data platforms (e.g. AWS/GCP, Spark, Kafka, Flink, Docker, Kubernetes) to advance the state-of-the-art in network defense. You will need to provide powerful leadership and drive business forward in a fast-paced, startup-like environment with a cross-functional team of engineers, data scientists, and security experts. Join us to invent new ways of filtering and prioritizing security data to better secure human progress!
The ideal candidate will have experience leading positive change, empowering people, cultivating product technology visions, and fostering effective engineering practices and culture. Finding the right needles in a vast number of immense haystacks requires exceptional technical expertise, a deep understanding of what security analysts and threat hunters value, and practical experience leveraging stream and batch processing systems, NoSQL databases, containers and orchestration systems, and public cloud infrastructure. The ideal candidate has thrived and succeeded in delivering high quality technology products/services from scratch in a hyper-growth environment where priorities shift fast.
- Attract, excite, and retain a geographically distributed team of best-in-class software engineers. Mentor the professional development of each direct report through personal and performance management and coaching
- Provide technical leadership in the development and improvement of production security analytics through close collaboration with data scientists and security researchers
- Play a critical role in broad business planning, working closely with senior executives to develop business targets and resource requirements. Help form long-term technical and business strategy and goals
- Influence the entire engineering team to improve the quality, scalability, and supportability of our production software
- Drive positive change in terms of streamlining processes, improving efficiency, and implementing key performance metrics
- Collaborate with engineers and product managers on work estimation, planning, and deployment of new features, applications, and systems
- Minimum of 3 years leading or managing software development teams, ideally with hands-on experience developing complex analytics for petabytes of data.
- Minimum of 3 years in Big Data environments, owning data lake and data warehouse technologies such as Athena, Redshift, BigQuery, Hadoop, etc.
- Minimum of 5 years developing large scale software solutions with software Python, Go Lang, or Scala as primary development languages.
- Minimum of 2 years with stream-processing systems, such as Kafka, Flink, Spark Streaming, NiFi/StreamSets, or Storm/Heron.
- Familiarity with data science techniques or machine learning.
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Management or Business Administration.
- Experience with Amazon AWS, Google GCP, or similar cloud provider.
- Exposure to packet captures, network flows, log data, malware analysis, etc.
Secureworks (A Dell Technologies Company) is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Secureworks are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Secureworks will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Secureworks here.
LIPRIORITYJob Family: Secureworks Remote Job ID: R045590