Facilities Program / Project ManagerRemote - Texas, United States 10/16/2019
Facilities Project/Program Manager
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Facilities PM on our Project Program Management team in Remote U.S..
Innovative projects that deliver cutting edge results do not run themselves. Project and Program Management within Business Support ensure projects run seamlessly, from start to finish. Our team manages projects or leads others managing projects — ensuring cross-functional teams work collaboratively and effectively. We oversee initial plans, set budgets, track project activities and communicate milestones to key stakeholders.
- The Program Manager is a leader in supporting a variety of Programs and Projects for the facilities organization. The Program Manager will have immediate responsibility for Programs and Projects for Dell in the Americas but also may support global programs as well.
- The Program Manager will be required to lead diverse teams of stakeholders. He or She will be required to complete complex program initiatives and/or large-scale capital improvement projects. The program manager will be responsible for setting milestone schedules, leading program coordination meetings, developing and managing program level budgets, and driving programs and projects to successful execution.
- The Program Manager will have the following key responsibilities: Defining the requirements for Programs and Projects. This includes meeting with internal business customers and key stakeholders to develop the high-level requirement of programs and projects in the Initiation Phase of projects. The Program Manager will have to perform due diligence on programs/projects to assess feasibility.
The Program Manager will also be responsible for developing a communication and reporting plan for his or her project. During this phase the Program manager will lead the team in developing conceptual designs and budgets. The Program manager will ensure that the internal business client and all key stakeholders support and agree to the conceptual design.
During the design phase of projects, the Program Manager will work with the Internal Business Clients, HR, the Planning team, IT, and others to develop detailed design requirements and plans. The Program Manager will responsible for making sure final design requirements are in line with budget allocations and will present final design recommendations to facilities upper management for approval.
During the Execution and close out phases of projects the Program Manager will be responsible for managing the ultimate success for the Program and/or Project. He or She will be responsible for the project coming in on time, budget, and within quality standards. The Program Manager will maintain a regular meeting cadence with his Program/Project team and will give regular report outs to the Internal Business client and facilities management. During the closeout phase the Program manager will work with his or her team to make sure all closeout documentation is acquired by Dell, all redline drawings are loaded into our archive system, and that all move database information is loaded into our people management system.
The Program Manager must also maintain in-depth awareness of industry trends, business conditions and internal processes and practices to meet program delivery requirements. The Program Manager will also be asked to help the facilities organization improve processes, improve standards, and drive other internal initiatives.
- Must have great analytical and presentation skills and a proficiency with Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to read drawing and familiarity with AutoCAD
- Strong leadership skills are a must with the ability to lead diverse functional leaders and drive accountability. Must know how to set an agenda and lead large coordination meetings.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills, able to form relationships with senior managers, educate them, and influence their plans and thinking. The ability to engage with key stakeholders to ensure their needs are reflected in the strategy and execution plans.
- Strong client management skills, along with strong business and industry acumen.
- Demonstrated ability to succeed in ambiguous and non-mandated environments with track record of being an enthusiastic and effective team player with experience of leading and influencing internal and external resources to ensure successful outcomes.
- A willingness to travel as necessary
- Experience leading and working as part of virtual and/or remote teams.
- Is a self-starter, highly motivated and networked individual
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to manage multiple assignments
- Must be detailed oriented
- Cross-cultural work experience.
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you share our passion for data and you’re keen to play a key role in driving progress, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Closing date: November 4, 2019
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.
Job Family: Remote Job ID: R036172
Related Job Opportunities
- Client Solutions- Outside Sales Specialist Multiple Locations
- Systems Consultant (Sales Engineer), Global Accounts, Remote Multiple Locations
- OEM Account Executive - Austin, TX (remote) Texas