Software System Senior Principal Engineer, Telecom
Primary Location: Remote - Texas, United States
Telco Solutions Engineer
We are looking for talented, driven, self-starter individuals to join our Telco Systems business unit engineering team. This role requires a demonstrated ability to conduct code development, test, and delivery for Dell’s telco products and solutions offerings.
About business unit and team
The Telco Systems BU creates products and solutions catering for the worldwide telecommunications market, which is exploding with new and exciting opportunities offered by new developments such as 5G, Internet of Things, and virtualized radio access networks (RANs). The market consists of communication service providers, managed service providers, hosting companies, content delivery network companies, cloud service providers, and consumer/enterprise web-technology providers.
Solution engineering team is tasked to create and delivery telco solutions and enable as services offerings for our customers. The team works closely with a world-class product management team in defining and road-mapping the offerings. Together, we have a strong track record of creating unique value for Dell Technologies, with a strong, positive impact on the company’s bottom line. The engineering team works closely with key service providers customers around the world, which, taken together, represent about 70% of the market. Collaboratively, we create production-worthy offerings that are unique, cutting-edge, and shape this emerging market. With each success we achieve, we push the envelope more for our customers, and then rinse and repeat!
Please apply for this position if this excites you! The ideal candidate will be a mid-career individual, with strong technical training, impeccable academic / industrial pedigree, a strong record of innovation, and is looking for her/his next bigger challenge. The individual will be a top-notch programmer with an inquisitive mind, be a self-learner, be an excellent communicator, and above all, be efficient in all that they do. The individual will work with geographically dispersed teams, so experience operating in such intercontinental environments will be a huge plus.
- Manage technical relationships between Dell TSB engineering team and application partner. To drive any co-engineering, co-validation and co-innovation initiatives between Dell TSB and the partner.
- Be change agent, by advocating for features needed for joint customer, and removal of technical roadblocks. Result is a rich product roadmap with customer with partner relevant prioritization.
- Develop and document best practices based on your learnings with actual customer integration.
- Drive integration and adoption of Dell product within partner ecosystem and create a better application integration
- Extensive background in architecture, implementation, and delivery of Telco solutions to market
- Experience of development including vIMS, vEPC, RAN, OpenRAN/O-RAN, LTE/4G and 5G deployments, OSS/BSS, platform models such as NFV and distributed/federated edge platforms (e.g. ETSI MEC)
- Hands on skills with CI/CD and build automation tooling (Chef, Terraform, Ansible, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related majors
Here’s our story; now tell us yours
Dell Technologies helps organizations and individuals build a brighter digital tomorrow. Our company is made up of more than 150,000 people, located in over 180 locations around the world. We’re proud to be a diverse and inclusive team and have an endless passion for our mission to drive human progress.
What’s most important to us is that you are respected, feel like you can be yourself and have the opportunity to do the best work of your life -- while still having a life. We offer excellent benefits, bonus programs, flexible work arrangements, a variety of career development opportunities, employee resource groups, and much more.
We started with computers, but we didn’t stop there. We are helping customers move into the future with multi-cloud, AI and machine learning through the most innovative technology and services portfolio for the data era. Join us and become a part of what’s next in technology, starting today.
You can also learn more about us by reading our latest Diversity and Inclusion Report and our plan to make the world a better place by 2030 here.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Equal Employment Opportunity Policy here.
"TELCOBU"Job ID: R101093