Principal Customer Communications Writer (Austin/Round Rock TX, or Remote within the U.S.)
Primary Location: Austin, Texas
Remote - Texas, United States
Principal Customer Communications Writer (Austin/Round Rock TX or Remote within the U.S.)
Services is a fast-growing and dynamic area of Dell Technologies where our offers, latest technologies, and best-in-class service designs come together to deliver right-sized experiences for our customers and our business partners.
The Services Customer Communications team is in charge of creating and governing all communications that are sent to Services customers through various channels including email, SMS, System Notifications, UI messaging, Social, Chat bots, etc.
As the lead writer and editor, you will be in charge of creating concise, easy to understand communications that help our customers to get the most out of our service offers. It will be your responsibility to understand the different services personas, and to create and maintain standards and a style guide that the other writers will follow. In this role, you will collaborate with designers, writers, developers, and other key business stakeholders to create and test communications across our different communications tools.
Understanding context and where the customer is in their journey is critical to being successful in this role:
You will achieve
- Translating internal technical and non-technical information to compose quality writing in the form of email messages, campaigns, notification text, and error messages that our customers can understand and use to get the most out of our service offers
- Creating content that follows Dell’s brand guidelines and voice
- Inspiring our communications team to learn and grow in how they understand and utilize content in their designs and storytelling
- Evolving with trends in content strategy to stay informed of best practices
- Facilitating consistent and scalable content creation processes from project intake through delivery
- Superior editing and proofreading skills, as well as demonstrable professional experience writing for the Web, screen, and email messages (particularly in global environments).
- Our tone of voice and inclusion are high priorities at Dell Technologies, and you will need to learn and use industry-leading tools for writing to our customers.
- You must have a passion for content strategy and writing as a discipline and customer experience as a shared mission.
- Ability to understand complex concepts and translate them into simple, intuitive, and concise language
- 8+ years of hands-on experience in copywriting, content strategy, and messaging campaigns with Bachelors (or equivalent education + experience), 5+ years with Masters or PhD
- Experience working with style guides, email templates, testing, and editing tools
- Mastery of US English conversational writing that is professional, yet approachable while remaining inclusive
- Basic understanding of HTML and CSS principles are a plus
Dell Technologies is a unique family of businesses that helps organizations and individuals build their digital future and transform how they work, live and play—providing customers with the industry’s broadest and most innovative technology and services portfolio. We value our customers, winning together, innovation, results and integrity. Grow your career with a highly competitive salary, bonus programs, world-class benefits and learning and development opportunities— all at a company that is proud to be diverse and inclusive. Learn more on how we are closing the diversity gap here.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Employment Opportunity Policy here.
Job ID: R093898