To learn more about how Dell Technologies is supporting our communities, customers, partners and team members, please visit our COVID-19 response site.
Software Engineer - C++, Kernel - Secureworks - Remote
Primary Location: Remote - Georgia,
Remote - California, United States (LA/Orange County); Remote - Colorado, United States; Remote - Connecticut, United States (All Other); Remote - Florida, United States; Remote - Maryland, United States (COUNTY - All Other); Remote - Texas, United States; Remote - Virginia (COUNTY - All Other)
Secureworks (SCWX-NASDAQ) is a global leader in intelligence-driven information security solutions. We help organizations confidently pursue business goals in a digitally-connected world. Consistently recognized by industry analysts and readers’ polls, we are one of the best in the world at understanding and anticipating threat behavior. We see 250 billion events every day across 4400 clients in more than 55 countries, and our solutions work across all the layers of a client’s security environment, including 330 different vendor technologies. Join a talented, dedicated, and diverse team of researchers, analysts, engineers, consultants and business professionals who are focused 100% on protecting our clients from cyber threats. We seek out the brightest minds and empower our teams with the tools and support they need to fight the bad guys and maintain our company’s leadership in the cyber security industry.
Uniquely positioned to adapt as the industry evolves, we are also proud to be part of the Dell Technologies family. We enjoy competitive compensation and benefits packages, and reward and recognize our employees for exceptional results. A constant focus on continued learning and growth keeps our team members engaged and excited about “what’s next.” We offer flexible work options when available, and emphasize the importance of work-life balance. We know that when our people are rewarded, recognized, and rejuvenated, we win as a team.
RedCloak sensor is a vital part of our TDR product and it’s a light agent running on client endpoints in order to detect malicious behavior and feed data into the cloud for further threat analysis. With the help of threat intelligence gathered by our world class security researchers and powered by amazing threat analytics platform we are able to detect threats and secure our clients infrastructure.
We are looking for Software Engineer with good knowledge of Windows, Linux or Mac internals to drive the next-generation endpoint capabilities of our new product offerings, which you can explore here. You will work in a fast-paced, startup-like environment with an experienced, cross-functional team of software engineers, data scientists, and security experts to develop our next generation endpoint sensor that seamlessly integrates with our cloud-native security analytics platform. If you love computer security and digging into complex engineering challenges, then we want your help securing human progress!
The ideal candidate will have a computer science background with an emphasis on operating systems and computer security. Your focus will be on the Windows agent, but many features cut across OS subsystems such as collecting telemetry from processes, networking, and file systems. Your code will be used in a lean agent that delivers security by building on proven, pre-existing mechanisms inside the Windows operating systems in order to minimize its footprint.
The agent has shared components across multiple platforms, so experience with Linux, Windows or Mac based system development is also a plus. We expect most will have extensive experience with C/C++, but experience or interest with Golang is a strong plus and will be heavily utilized.
- Own feature development for our Windows sensor from design to delivery with high concurrency and reliability requirements and low/no impact to end users
- Participate in technical discussions around architecture, strategy, and development of next generation threat detection and response capabilities
- Design and implement software with cross platform deliverables (Linux, macOS, Windows)
- Triage, reproduce, debug, and fix issues identified in the product
- Build tools to support team efficiency and contribute to test automation
- Ensure high standards are being followed when it comes to design, coding quality, along with unit and component testing
- Work effectively on a geographically distributed team to deliver high quality software against aggressive schedules
- Minimum of 3 years software development using C/C++
- Minimum of 1 year low-level systems programming for one of the following OS: Windows, Linux or Mac
- Must have experience building production-grade, quality and secure software
- Must have good understanding of security fundamentals like encryption, authentication
- Strong networking concepts
- Experience with Golang
- Experience with user mode or kernel mode device driver development experience
- Experience with Windows CI/CD including installers, updaters, packaging, and signing
- Experience with x86/amd64 assembly
- Experience with large scale data analysis pipelines, particularly the impact endpoint sensors have on downstream architecture and applications
Secureworks (A Dell Technologies Company) is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Secureworks are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief,national, social or ethnicorigin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnershipstatus, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status,or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Secureworks will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Secureworks here
Job ID: R067326