Solutions Architect - Client Deployment EngineerRemote - Texas, United States 02/12/2020
Solutions Architect - Client Deployment Engineer
Remote United States
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, collaborate and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Senior Engineer - Solutions Architect on our team in Texas.
Customer facing delivery Consultant responsible for successfully assessing, designing, validating, documenting, & implementing complex Windows Image solutions while ensuring exceptional Customer Satisfaction. Leverage exceptional professional consultative skills in leading & facilitating customer workshops to define problems, identify risks, & determine appropriate solution/approach. This role will work closely with Account Teams, PMO, Customer, & Key Stakeholders. Bring clarity to ambiguous engagements where outcomes need to be defined and work with customers to troubleshoot and resolve deployment & integration challenges. This role will provide pre-sales scoping assistance as needed in area of expertise. Develop & present customer facing documentations associated with design, configurations, run books, and project status.
- Subject Matter Expert in designing & implementing large scale Windows Deployments
- Experience with development of new IP
- Willingness and ability to travel +75% to customer locations in the US and Canada to perform work
- 5+ years hands-on experience designing & deploying Microsoft Windows Images through MDT, SCCM OSD, etc.
- Experience with either Intune, VMWare, WS1
Knowledge and proficiency in most of the following technologies:
- Expertise with MDT & SCCM OS deployment with Legacy & UEFI BIOS, including BIOS to UEFI conversion during deployment.
- Expertise with Windows 7-10 Image Build & Deployment, with focus on managing Windows 10 specific Enterprise features and customization during deployments
- Expertise in the creation of hardened Windows images
- Expertise with configuration and usage of USMT.
- Expertise with explaining Windows Servicing processes, including implementation via GPO, WSUS, SCCM, Task Sequence, and optionally MDM
- Experience configuring and working with Upgrade Readiness (Upgrade Analytics)
- Expertise designing and deploying BitLocker policies & MBAM
- Expertise in scripting (VBScript, PowerShell, AutoIT)
- MDM Knowledge – Azure Active Directory & Intune / AirWatch
- Application Deployment (wrappers, task sequences etc.)
Knowledge and proficiency in configuring the following networking and security technologies:
- LAN/WAN implications to image build
- Active Directory domain join on-premise and through VPN
- Firewall & Security technologies
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you share our passion for data and you’re keen to play a key role in driving progress, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.